PDA

View Full Version : Borgata Poker Room: Underperforming Urinals (LC)

MisterKing
12-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I play about once every 6 weeks at Borgata, and love the poker room, the staff, and really the whole property there. While it isn't a big gripe of mine, I do have to say that time after time up there I am reminded of one thing I do hate about their facilities: the urinals in the mens room downstairs next to the poker room. Those effing things are awful.

For the uninitiated, they're designed in a way that contains very little "spray" no matter where one aims. Depending on your approach, this leads to either some contact with hands/pants, more often a triangle of nastyness on the floor and on one's shoes, or both. Of course, there are countless other urinal models they could've gone with... which begs the question of why the f*ck they picked the ones they've got. The increased maintenance costs alone due to the poor design would justify immediate replacement. Ugh.

DrewOnTilt
12-04-2005, 09:10 PM
That, and there just aren't enough of them at peak times. Friggin' 8 people deep lines is just silly.

I love the Borg overall, though.

mostsmooth
12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
wow, ive never had a problem with them
ive seen the puddles on the floor, i just figured there were a bunch of retards there.

poker327
12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
I sometimes just go upstairs and use the restroom near the main entrance instead of having to deal with the poker room restroom.

Luv2DriveTT
12-04-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes just go upstairs and use the restroom near the main entrance instead of having to deal with the poker room restroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhh.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

ckmo
12-04-2005, 10:04 PM
everytime I go in I always wonder how many ppl legitimately need to use the short urinal and like you said try to avoid the puddles.

mostsmooth
12-04-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
everytime I go in I always wonder how many ppl legitimately need to use the short urinal and like you said try to avoid the puddles.

[/ QUOTE ]
i always use the short one

ckmo
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
but do you do so for a legitimate reason or just convenience?

mostsmooth
12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
can you give me an example of each?

ckmo
12-04-2005, 10:27 PM
legitimate reason: using the standard sized urinal would result in pissing all over your shoes and contributing to the puddle as you are not physically able to adjust to the height of the normal urinal.

convenience: the normal urinals are occupied atm

MisterKing
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know Evan, but I hear he's short and someone once termed the short urinal an "Evanal." Regardless, I assume "legitimate reason" for using that one on the left would be for the vertically challenged community.

mostsmooth
12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
legitimate reason: using the standard sized urinal would result in pissing all over your shoes and contributing to the puddle as you are not physically able to adjust to the height of the normal urinal.

convenience: the normal urinals are occupied atm

[/ QUOTE ]

when the short one isnt available, ive successfully operated the regular urinals without ending up with piss on me or the floor.

the short one is always my first choice. are we not supposed to use the small one for some reason?

ckmo
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM
fair enough. I just always wondered if 1 out of 3 urinals needed to be evanals as they were termed above. I feel better knowing that at least one person benefits from these.

12-04-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "short," do you mean the one closer to the floor?

I always thought that was for guys who liked to just let their johnson hang kinda freely.
Figured it was very considerate of management.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="white"> ..... </font> /images/graemlins/grin.gif