PDA

View Full Version : QQ OOP gets ugly

12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Party $25NL, .10/25.. 9 handed

Notes on villain: Villain hasn't done anything out of line, and has a VPIP of 10 over 20 hands (not much)

Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP

MP1 raises to $1
MP2 calls
Hero re-raises to $3
3 callers.

Flop: ($12)
T/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP1 checks
Hero leads for $8
Villain (LP) calls $8

Turn: ($28) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks
Villain bets $15 (putting hero all-in)

Hero folds.

Thoughts?

Notes:
- My check on the turn felt very weak. However, this is my thinking:
- After my re-raise preflop to $3, I had 3 callers that saw the flop. Of them, this guy still stayed around after seeing it.
- Villain called my $8 flop bet very quickly
- Villain's VPIP of 10 (though only over 20 hands or so), still scared me a bit.

Overall, I put the villain on either bigger overpairs (KK,AA) or a set.

Results in white:
<font color="white">
Hero folded.
Villain shows 33 for the set.
</font>

Hattifnatt
12-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Push the turn.

12-04-2005, 08:48 PM
could you explain why?

also, I'm first to act. You want me to push it right there? What hand am I actually beating that called $8 from the flop and a re-raise preflop?

Hattifnatt
12-04-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
could you explain why?

also, I'm first to act. You want me to push it right there? What hand am I actually beating that called $8 from the flop and a re-raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop he made a standard raise, can mean a lot of hands, ATs, AJ, KJ low pp etc. . Of course he call your reraise (which I btw think is to small).

On the turn you have something like 1/2 pot bet left and an overpair. Easy push imo.

EDIT: Messed things up (thought HE raised preflop at first) but I still thinks a push is in order on 4th street.