PDA

View Full Version : <'(((>< ?

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 08:17 PM
3 handed. i dont know much about the BB but that he has alot of money on the table and is probably tag but i dont know if hes the good tag or the bad tag.

i openraise 6x7/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB and he calls in the BB

Flop is KQJ all hearts

i bet he raises i call (??)

turn is a To

i quickly bet he calls

river is a blank

i bet

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

baronzeus
12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
absolutely perfect IMO.

DeathDonkey
12-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Disagree I don't think he ever folds anything here. I check/call turn and check/fold river.

-DeathDonkey

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
are you expecting him to fold a pair on the turn?

It seems like if you are putting a bet in on the turn as a bluff you are going to have to do it UI on the river too b/c there are so many ways he could call...it just seems like too much.

Surf

baronzeus
12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disagree I don't think he ever folds anything here. I check/call turn and check/fold river.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the biggest thing im trying to get him to fold is a pair + a heart...i think he might fold that occasionally, especially if its a weak ten or jack

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the biggest thing im trying to get him to fold is a pair + a heart...i think he might fold that occasionally, especially if its a weak ten or jack

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you expecting it to take both a turn and river bet? Because if so I think it is just risking too much for too slim a chance...but i'm in weak-tight mode at this point so i'm willing to be corrected and probably could use some more LAG in me.

Surf

DrGutshot
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Well the river bet is an absolute must if you bet the turn, but I need to think about it more to see whether or not both of the bets combined are really worth it.

-DrG

gaming_mouse
12-04-2005, 09:20 PM
TS,

A boring question: Why not fold PF? It seems you'd be a dog with those cards vs TAG OOP.

EDIT: Also, what range do you think he's calling with PF? I'd like to do an analysis.

Wynton
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't see why the turn bet only makes sense if it's followed by a river bet. Villain easily could have raised the flop without a heart, and just a pair. The turn is a scare card, as hero could have a straight, so taking a shot at winning the pot with a bet there doesn't seem bad to me. But once that doesn't work, can't we give up?

gaming_mouse
12-04-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why the turn bet only makes sense if it's followed by a river bet. Villain easily could have raised the flop without a heart, and just a pair. The turn is a scare card, as hero could have a straight, so taking a shot at winning the pot with a bet there doesn't seem bad to me. But once that doesn't work, can't we give up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is that sometimes he raised the flop with a heart and nothing else. He calls the turn trying to make his flush. Now he might give up. The chance he might also fold a Q or J adds additional value, though I don't think much. Anyway, the river bet will be profitable then only if:

1. He would play a single high heart that way on the flop.
2. The number of times this is the case is paid for by the pot odds.

I asked about his range in order to answer 2.