PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 enough action with bottom set?

DeathDonkey
12-04-2005, 08:11 PM
SB here is sorta LAGgy preflop but reasonable and hasn't done anything out of the ordinary postflop. The two monkeys calling all bets are both just terrible terrible players. Have I done ok so far and how many more bets should I be looking to put in this pot?

-DeathDonkey

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls,

CardSharpCook
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
what is with the PFR? yeah, I think we can rule out KJ from the PF 3Bet, so we are looking at, AA/AK/KK/JJ/donkeyhand. I think you are losing here more than 50% of the time, but not much more. It is time to call down.

lil feller
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
I cap the turn. If SB leads the river, I call.

lf

DeathDonkey
12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
CO poster was TAG and limper was truly awful. Isolation time / buy the button no? I was hijack with one limper.

-DeathDonkey

CardSharpCook
12-04-2005, 09:08 PM
naw, very hard to iso for a single raise. I don't care how TAG the poster is, TAGs are smart, TAGs will call with a number of hands like T8o here. Also, you have the blinds to think about. Besides, you still have to dodge a bunch of overs. Play for set value. Let other catch second best hands.

Shillx
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Err, I don't think you have the overlay to pump this baby. If there were more callers I would probably keep going though. He would be walking a tightrope by 3-betting with a 12-outer, and I just don't think he has that type of hand often enough to justify a cap. Once you raise the turn, the odds go way down that you have a draw yourself so you have to start thinking that he has KK/JJ or hopefully AA/KJs here.

Brad

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 10:27 PM
i dont think this is a good preflop raise especially with the poster.

i wouldnt cap the turn. looks like youre crushed at this point. you have nice overlay but if you cap the button might fold a hand thats drawing dead when hed pay another bet so in actuality your overlay is a little less than what it appears to be.

DeathDonkey
12-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Well its just what I was deciding between at the time - cap and call one on the river or just call down. I think with the two monkeys in there capping it is ok, which is what I did. He bet the river and I called and he had several Jacks.

-DeathDonkey