PDA

View Full Version : Chatting and too much info. (LC)

12-04-2005, 07:16 PM
While playing a little while ago and not in the current hand, a player got upset about losing a hand. Here was the board:

TH 6C 4C 3C, 7D.

The winner had AC 7C for the nut flush. The loser mucked his hand.

Of course, with PAHUD, I knew the loser had TS 4H (2 pair).

Another player replied with "Thats what you get for playing 10-4".

I immediately typed "I was thinking the same thing".

I then realized that this table full of fish was going to wonder how we both knew immediately what was folded. To my surprise, nobody even commented on it. The original poster and I soon left the table. I guarantee that there was nobody else in the hand who could even spell PAHUD, let alone knew what it is.

Anyone ever type something in the box without thinking of the consequences? I usually stay out of the chat box, and in fact pick up a lot of information when others say something after a hand. For some reason, I felt compelled to reply this time though.

Thoughts?

Eidal
12-04-2005, 07:57 PM
You make it sound like the table full of fish, upon hearing about how hole cards can be viewed, are going to turn into winning TAGs.

Relax; the people in the world who have the capacity and desire to become winning poker players are going to do so regardless. The rest of the world will either ignore the game, take a shot and quit, or become an addicted fish.

It wasn't until after I tried teaching a few friends (all of whom were as broke as I was pre-poker) to play that I realized most people just can't.