PDA

View Full Version : Blind steal gone dumb

tpir90036
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Table is short and playing a little fast and loose. Not my strong suit and sometimes I get swept up into pissing contest BS.

15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Is this spewing? Fold the turn? I thought the flop peel was OK given that A-high might be good and I have some backdoor draws to go along with.

gh9801
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Any reads? The peel is fine, you may even have the best hand. Usually I fold the turn here, but occassionally raising here shouldn't be bad because you have FE and most of the time when you do this you do have a hand. But doing this often is spewing

tpir90036
12-04-2005, 07:12 PM
The only read I had was that he was playing fast and weird. A few hands earlier he check-raised me on the turn and called my 3-bet on a very dry board and then folded the river for one more bet.

I think what I need to realize is that I don't have FE in this spot nearly as often as I think I do.

gh9801
12-04-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think what I need to realize is that I don't have FE in this spot nearly as often as I think I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

More often than not someone has a draw or a hand here, and is not folding on the turn. That's why I only do this against overaggro thinking players who seem capable of bet/folding.

ep510
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
If villian will call your 3-bet on a dry board, what makes you think he'll fold on the turn? Seems like he's the type that will call almost any raise. Folding here will probably be best in most situations.

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 10:44 PM
i think you have a flop fold unless you feel metagame is important in this hand because youre forced to fold to a turn bet and you dont have odds to chase your hand. calling the flop is bleeding money and ended up leading to compounding error by wanting to pursue a gutshot with incorrect odds. dont get me wrong i chase these hands alot more than i should but i think a flop fold should be considered until you start seeing him taking advantage of your hit and fold approach. the turn you have no folding equity. i usually wait until the turn to raise pairs in the 15/30 games because they never fold.

tpir90036
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you have a flop fold unless you feel metagame is important in this hand because youre forced to fold to a turn bet and you dont have odds to chase your hand. calling the flop is bleeding money and ended up leading to compounding error by wanting to pursue a gutshot with incorrect odds. dont get me wrong i chase these hands alot more than i should but i think a flop fold should be considered until you start seeing him taking advantage of your hit and fold approach. the turn you have no folding equity. i usually wait until the turn to raise pairs in the 15/30 games because they never fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
see, this is exactly the kind of stuff i say to myself when i am reading 2+2... but then i get in the middle of a hand and suddenly i am unloading bets! i really need to disconnect from the idea that everyone is trying to outplay me non-stop. i also need to slooooow down on these snap raise decisions.

plus, i don't mind the metagame considerations in the other direction. i am more of a player who lets LAGs hang themselves so building a wreckless image does not suit me since it is rare that i am going to be doing a lot of jamming.

good post,
joey

flawless_victory
12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
i like the way u played this hand.

jackmayhoffer
12-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Am I missing something, you have the nut flush draw on the turn. Why not call getting 8.5 to 1.

Jeffage
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I would fold this turn (and sometimes flop) the vast majority of the time.

Jeff

sandbagger223
12-05-2005, 02:37 PM
u missed something. i like your name btw! : )

RB

jackmayhoffer
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
anything else?

pg

tpir90036
12-05-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this turn (and sometimes flop) the vast majority of the time.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Backdoor draws + possible best hand does not equal a flop peel here?

I think the root of my "bad run" is starting to become evident. i.e., going too far with no pair.

BigEndian
12-05-2005, 03:57 PM
You call that a pissing contest? I've played blind hands with way more chip spewage than that! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Most of the time I let it go on the flop though.

- Jim