PDA

View Full Version : Fitz is mean

thomastem
07-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Fitz wrote a post in beginners stating that I'm no longer wanted here, that my post are offensive, and that I must straighten out and learn. If the general consensus is hatred toward me as Fitz claims I will stop burdening this fine site. I need feedback.

Do you guys want me to leave or is Fitz a Tella-Tubby grouch. Please reply. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

pudley4
07-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Maybe, instead of working on your poker skills, you should take a class in reading comprehension, since he said none of those things.

If you want to talk about your chickens, post in the Zoo.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-10-2003, 11:56 AM
I'll tell you why Fitz is right. This "Beginners Forum" attracts a lot of new players who are looking for serious, thoughtful, help with their game. If the first thing they open is jibberish, they'll leave, and think 2+2 is a joke.

If you want to post humerous or ironic material, put it on the "Internet Gambling" forum (aka The Zoo), or maybe "Other Topics."

I don't think we're stifling humor or creativity to suggest that we should all be responsible for maintaining the credibility of this forum.

Take your chickens to The Zoo. They'll be welcomed with, well, they'll be welcomed. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Easy E
07-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Have to say that you should put this stuff in Other Topics (not sure why the Klingon Warrior said the Zoo, but maybe that kind of stuff makes sense there?)

I STILL don't get the three chickens reference, and I'm not a newbie. Don't confuse them, thinking that it's something they should know about.

Fitz
07-10-2003, 12:30 PM
I had to re-read my own post. I'm really not trying to be mean to anyone. The real issue is the fact that you are posting in the beginner's forum, and it is hard enough for beginners without any misleading posts. We all have our own sense of humor, and we all have our own way of expressing ourselves. That doesn't mean everyone else finds it humorous or charming.

Good luck all,

Fitz

P.S. If you think I'm mean, wait til you sit down at 30/60 table populated by heartless cutthroats who would just as soon take your last nickel as look at you. When that happens, you'll wish you'd concentrated on poker content.

thomastem
07-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Ok I agree that we shouldn't confuse beginners or create the wrong perception that the site isn't serious to those just checking it out. Good points that I hadn't considered. I shall mend my ways and take into account the forum I'm in.

I still think there was no reason to call me a mustard seed.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-10-2003, 12:36 PM
not sure why the Klingon Warrior said the Zoo,

It's free form there, and is this guy any more annoying than OnlineChimp?

thomastem
07-10-2003, 02:22 PM
When you get a chance read my post "Table image". Your assumption (will not confirm or deny accuracy) that I have never played at a certain limit is in who's favor? If you make the assumption that I'm an idiot at the poker table because of silly talk who profits from this?

If a silly image earns just 1 extra BB per session is it not worth it?

Let this be a great lesson to newbies, don't believe the hype. Study the actions.

Fitz thank you for being the bad example.

Fitz
07-10-2003, 02:48 PM
I read your post, and I posted a reply agreeing with you. It is never wise to judge a book by it's cover, so to speak. You are right; I took you for a yo yo when you are obviously a deeper thinker than that. I just didn't see the point to any of your "chicken" posts; that was the reason for my post from last night. I like to think I'd judge you by your play not your demeanor at that table, but you never know.

Good luck,

thomastem
07-10-2003, 03:28 PM
I'd really rather you think of me as a Yo Yo, please?