PDA

View Full Version : donk

PokerBob
12-04-2005, 05:40 PM
no reads that i recall. is this standard?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

yellowjack
12-04-2005, 05:44 PM
i believe so

POKhER
12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Pretty much, The flop call is up to you... With no read you've got to wonder if you're drawing relatively dead to his 3X hand.

SB is likly to hold it if anyone /images/graemlins/wink.gif

You've got 7k posts, I feel like im teaching a pro? Lol!

Spicymoose
12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
That seems fine. I think raising the flop could also be good. SB could be stabbing with anything, and UTG usually just has overcards here.

shadow29
12-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi POKhER,

Pretty much, The flop call is up to you... With no read you've got to wonder if you're drawing relatively dead to his 3X hand.

SB rarely has a 3 here.

Bob:

Either I take this line or raise the flop and re-evaluate on the turn. Pot is getting large and I'd like to maximize my chances to win it. Often, if I raise the flop I'll get a free showdown. Or my hand could be the best currently. Furthermore, I very likely still have 6 outs.

Best regards,

John

POKhER
12-04-2005, 06:02 PM
yeah i doubt him to have a 3, but if im calling the flop im calling the turn.

River is debateable(Obviously if i hit its easy) but missing, High card? Hmm.

If anyone SB has a 3 right?

Hmm never thought of raising the flop, Guess i don't like it lol.

mungpo
12-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Raise the flop.

Chairman Wood
12-04-2005, 06:08 PM
i want to hit the raise button somewhere, is this bad? Either flop or turn it doesn't matter.

Alexthegreat
12-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Bob
Raising the flop is my standard play. You probably have the best hand. If you don't you have 6 outs most of the time, because I don't think he has a 3 here. So it's likely he has a small PP, or he has overcards, like you....

There is a good chance a flop raise will earn you a free showdown from his PP hands.

On the other hand, a turn raise will fold his no pair hands, and could fold some PPs as well, so I think that has merit.

I can't imagine folding here though because there are so many ways for you to take this pot from him.

Wynton
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I disagree with those who say Bob likely has the best hand on the flop. In my experience, sb has a pair here very often.

Headsup in position, I vary my play, sometimes just calling and sometimes raising. But when it is multiway, and one player has bet and the other has called, I am much less likely to raise.

Chairman Wood
12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Any chance a turn raise rids him of 44 or 55, maybe even 77 88

27offsooot
12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
sometimes i call this the whole way. Other times i play it as u did. Depends on reads. I think raising at any point would be spewage.

DCWildcat
12-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Random points...
Most likely hand for SB here, low PP's and maybe something like A2s? He's got a pretty narrow range of hands if his bet is legit, and we have 6 outs for most of what's in his range.

Also, SB could view this as a bluffable pot.

I think I favor a flop raise. I'd raise this every time if the bet came from UTG.

12-04-2005, 09:47 PM
I would think that most standard line around here is to raise the flop and reevaluate on the turn. Is it bad to raise here assuming you're behind to take a free card on the turn UI against an unknown? It does end up saving you a small bet to see all 5 cards assuming not getting 3-bet on the flop.

12-04-2005, 10:10 PM
In my experience that donk means a 2 or a pp.

thesharpie
12-05-2005, 03:21 AM
To those who say raise the flop: What does that accomplish apart from getting a cheaper showdown? And if you're doing it for a free card, why?

I'm torn between raising and folding the turn. I don't like just calling down without an agressive read, he might not fire the 3rd bullet, and there's always a small chance we fold a better hand by raising. I think folding is good.