PDA

View Full Version : Improving OOT (long)

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 05:21 PM
It is apparent to me (and hopefully others) that this forum needs to be adjusted again.

I really didn't want to do this, but someone has to. Every time I read OOT I am reminded of feelings of how much better this forum would/should be if a few practices were to be disallowed and/or stopped.

Maybe I am the only one here who thinks this way. If this is the case and someone respectable (not necessarily a mod) tells me to shut the [censored] up I will. I promise.

Some things I think needs to change/stop occuring:

(In no particular order)

1) Stupid acronyms like YSSCKY. It is the most juvenile, unclever, non-insulting thing I have ever seen as a response. And it is always unprovoked. It only shows how unoriginal and immature you are.

Here is an example:
[ QUOTE ]

OP: "I like to have sex with fat women. Does this make me less of a man?"

DoucheBag: "YSSCKY"

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are guilty of this, please refrain from further use of this non-contributing practice.

2) Thread clutter. Threads become three pages long completely unnessarily. A few reasons:

A) Quoting a prior post without commenting or adding something. Someone has already said what you were thinking. What is so special about it that it needs repeating? Obviously there are times where this is appropriate, like in instances of offering congratulations, or sentiments of humor, appreciation, or condolences... etc. But for the most part this is a much overused and irritating practice. [censored] your post count.

B) Engaging in conversations and discussions that are off-topic. It is fine to do this, but start a new thread. When I open a thread that already has 50 posts and I have to wade through stretches 15 posts long that only two or three people care about it is cumbersome and takes away from the value of the thread.

C) Reviving ancient threads with a useless comment. After a thread has been read 5k times and has 250 comments I can't believe someone could have something useful to add to it that hasn't already been said.

D) Unfunny smart-ass responses. If it isn't funny and doesn't have any discussion value? Why say it?

E) FYP's. They were funny a long time ago. But now they are irritating and usually unamusing and useless. Furthermore they are often unprovoked attempts at insulting the poster of the original comment.

F) Poker euphemisms like NH, fold preflop, etc. No poker in OOT.

G) When someone posts a picture to convey a sentiment, usually sarcasm. I have seen the hot tub picture and the steaming dungpile way more that I would ever have cared to. It is doubly cumbersome due to being repeatedly quoted into subsequent posts.

3) Starting threads about [censored]. Pure useless BS. Why make up a story about something that didn't happen, then ask advice about how to proceed in said instance? I assume most of these are hypothetical situations that will probably never occur.

4) Starting threads about moral decisions. Most moral decisions can be self-answered. If it's too close of a call, fine. But chances are no one here will be able to make a better decision than you can. Furthermore, threads about moral decisions that are nothing more than someone looking for justification from others to do the wrong thing are ridiculous and do nothing but make the OP look like an [censored]. No one is going to tell you it's ok to cheat on your wife, nor are they going to care if you do or not. The exception is if you post a picture of the mistress. And say nothing.

5) Mistitled threads. I am sure most of the time this is nothing more than inadvertant poor wood usage. But, when I open a thread titled "NSFW", and don't see boobies, I feel cheated. I am downright offended when I click this, and see something I don't want to see, like a giraffe humping a beached whale carcass.

6) Posts that don't contribute in any way. This you'd think is self explicit, but I doubt the concept is clear to everyone. If what you are saying isn't going to contribute, why post it? [censored] your post count. No one cares once it gets over 200.

-----

Now if it looks as if I put a lot of thought into this, I have. The fact is if I didn't like this forum so much, I just wouldn't open it and spend my time elsewhere. What sets OOT apart from other BS forums is the fact that it is populated with respectable, intelligent people. It's the lack of intellect, maturity, and consideration of others that is keeping this forum from being as great is it could be.

Again, if I am alone in this, I am sure you will let me know. I am not suggesting a mass banning or that anyone apologize, I just would like to see people be a little more respectful in their usage of this great entertaining forum.

PG

MelK
12-04-2005, 05:29 PM
You left out this part:

"And so, my fellow OOTers, if you elect me, PokerGoblin, to be your moderator, I will come down on the violators of these guidelines in such a way that you will think [censored] was a pansy. Your friend,

PG

(vote early, vote often)"

WackityWhiz
I think OOT is fun...

you took an awful lot of your time making this thread when almost every one of these things have been brought up before. I mean it's just not going to change things much. It might have and effect in the short term, but long term it will mean nothing.

[censored] is the best thing that this forum has had, he is amazing. He takes care of people who are worthless, that is all we need.

billyjex
Your life must be one big party.

Go all in!

DMBFan23
12-04-2005, 05:30 PM
SIIHP

jba
this will be my first

YSSCKY

PokerGoblin
The mods here do a fine job.

Phoenix1010
12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Go outside, get some sun, make a friend.

MelK
12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The mods here do a fine job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but its not like there is a limit to the number of mods we have, right?

tom441lbk
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think OOT is fun...

you took an awful lot of your time making this thread when almost every one of these things have been brought up before. I mean it's just not going to change things much. It might have and effect in the short term, but long term it will mean nothing.

[censored] is the best thing that this forum has had, he is amazing. He takes care of people who are worthless, that is all we need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing other things as well.

It ran longer than I meant for it to... but, anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

Those are just thing that irritate me. If no one agrees, fine.

Voltron87
12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
sir i suggest you stop being such a faggot

PokerGoblin
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

and only I hope.

TheRover
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

[/ QUOTE ]

12-04-2005, 05:37 PM
PG,
Sorry for the billyjex and DMB. I appreciate your post as I can tell it was well thought and definitely in the right.
sco

gorie
12-04-2005, 05:38 PM
i hate YSSCKY. sometimes reading it gives me a feeling similar to watching home improvement, or spaceballs, and i have to go lay down.

it would be awesome if YSSCKY was censored out. doitdoit.

nomadtla
12-04-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me cry and spit soda out my nose. That's what OOT's all about and I think the mods do a fine job, and your post acctually had some good points and I agree with you. But I mainly wanted to reply to up my post count /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DMBFan23
12-04-2005, 05:40 PM
ORLY?

LondonBroil
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerGoblin
[ QUOTE ]
PG,
Sorry for the billyjex and DMB. I appreciate your post as I can tell it was well thought and definitely in the right.
sco

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Don't apologize for the actions of others, though. I'm a big boy.

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. What is ORLY?

miajag81
12-04-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. What is ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

an airport in Paris

Sephus
12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PG,
sco

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Don't apologize for the actions of others, though. I'm a big boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

trying2learn
i think that what you basically did was outline - in a very wordy way - the things that annoy you about OOT. there are certain parts of the different things that you list that people here find funny...

different strokes for different folks. while i think a little less of some of those things would be nice...people should spend less time bitching about how great OOT used to be...it's becoming as lame as the 800th greatest rock band of the 90's threads.

all you did was put up a thread that is going to be littered with all the things you hate.

Sephus
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. What is ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

an airport in Paris

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY?

TheRover
12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. What is ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

an airport in Paris

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ] http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1072/orly5xo.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4649/orlyfactor1nz.gif
http://ku.romproductions.com/pics2/data/media/1/orltvty2.jpg

IggyWH
12-04-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when I open a thread titled "NSFW", and don't see boobies, I feel cheated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only vadlid point you made. I believe that even if you want to show a dog blowing an lion and put NSFW, you should also have to include a picture of some titties.

man
12-04-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. What is ORLY?

[/ QUOTE ]
wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_RLY%3F) knows all.

Vavavoom
12-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Bump... <font color="white"> Just upping my post count </font>

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think that what you basically did was outline - in a very wordy way - the things that annoy you about OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but if I titled it 'What annoys me about OOT' I'd be no more than bitching about things and I would come across as having little to say.

I knew this would happen anyhow, but at least the way it is now comes across as having a genuine interest in improving the forum.

[ QUOTE ]
all you did was put up a thread that is going to be littered with all the things you hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew this would happen before I posted it. The thing is, if at least some people read it with an open mind it'll be worth the flaming I get.

WackityWhiz
12-04-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump... <font color="white"> Just upping my post count </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

trying2learn
12-04-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think that what you basically did was outline - in a very wordy way - the things that annoy you about OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but if I titled it 'What annoys me about OOT' I'd be no more than bitching about things and I would come across as having little to say.

I knew this would happen anyhow, but at least the way it is now comes across as having a genuine interest in improving the forum.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew this would happen before I posted it. The thing is, if at least some people read it with an open mind it'll be worth the flaming I get.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to quote everything - know that's one of the no no's - but don't you think another (and much more controllable by you) option would be to quit being so upset by things?

that's the point everyone who flames you is trying to make.

i think that mat, [censored] (although i think he got carried away once or twice), and astro all do a good job to keep the noise and junk down. too much more you may as well go set up your own forum with your own rules...

just my opinion of course...

12-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Maybe you should stop wearing commie t-shirts, and stop making everyone want to think like you.

JK
LOL
SIIHP?

Eurotrash
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
G) When someone posts a picture to convey a sentiment, usually sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/9946/hudson6pa.png

No images, man!? well that's great, that's just [censored]' GREAT, man! now what the [censored] are we supposed to do?

We're in some real pretty [censored] now, man!

That's it, man! game over, man! GAME OVER.

CrazyEyez
12-04-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5) Mistitled threads

[/ QUOTE ]
Like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4100538&amp;an=0&amp;page=0&amp; vc=1) one?

[ QUOTE ]
6) Posts that don't contribute in any way

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4100538&amp;an=0&amp;page=0&amp; vc=1) one? You said exactly zero things that haven't been said many, many, many times.

TheIrishThug
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... sometimes reading it gives me a feeling similar to watching home improvement, or spaceballs, and i have to go lay down.

[/ QUOTE ]

spaceballs is a classic.

BreakEvenPlayer
12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
You're right but none of the stuff you list is anything to lose sleep over. There is a lot of intelligent discussion in this forum, but many of the posters here are socially retarded. When someone replies with "YSSCKY" it's definitely true that they are unoriginal and unfunny, but mostly they are just trying to fit in socially in this community.

gorie
12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... sometimes reading it gives me a feeling similar to watching home improvement, or spaceballs, and i have to go lay down.

[/ QUOTE ]

spaceballs is a classic.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, but it makes me feel kinda headachy and sick feeling. i think because i've seen it too many times.

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry to quote everything - know that's one of the no no's - but don't you think another (and much more controllable by you) option would be to quit being so upset by things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be sorry to quote everything. It serves a purpose.

Probably. I have a personality flaw that causes me to always want to improve things that I enjoy. I know I am being anal in writing the original post, and if thats all people see it for I am prepared to accept that.

I realize that OOT is an anything goes type of arena. Sifting through many non-contributing posts in a thread is cumbersome, especially in popular threads with pages of dialogue. I don't read this all day, so a lot of posts have 100 replies before I see it once. I don't reply to them often because I don't see the point in saying something that's already been said and I don't see the point in bumping a thread no one cares about anymore.

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of intelligent discussion in this forum, but many of the posters here are socially retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to do any name calling, but I don't disagree.

12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Lol, what's funny is that you have been registered here for what, one year? Dude, your life here began like 2 months before the OOT peak, how could you possibly know wtf is good for this forum. BTW, before you even start, I have been around much longer than this account would dictate. Whether you are right or wrong, you are most CERTAINLY not the person on whom this responsibility falls. Hell, you aren't even that good of a poster. [censored] off and let jakethebake do it.

IndieMatty
12-04-2005, 06:40 PM

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lol, what's funny is that you have been registered here for what, one year? Dude, your life here began like 2 months before the OOT peak, how could you possibly know wtf is good for this forum. BTW, before you even start, I have been around much longer than this account would dictate. Whether you are right or wrong, you are most CERTAINLY not the person on whom this responsibility falls. Hell, you aren't even that good of a poster. [censored] off and let jakethebake do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't write this to get into pissing matches about my (or anyone else's) contribution to this forum.

The whole point, and how this all got started in my head was I was thinking how nice it'd be if I didn't have to wade through a bunch of BS posts to get to the meat and potatoes of the thread, and that there are probably others who'd agree with that.

I know I got carried away, that happens sometimes. But is it better to not say anything for fear of becoming unpopular?

So your point is, as far as I can tell, is that I haven't been around here long enough to bitch?

Let jakethebake do what?

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just lost a bet with myself on how long it would take for this to happen.

d10
12-04-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A) Quoting a prior post without commenting or adding something. Someone has already said what you were thinking. What is so special about it that it needs repeating? Obviously there are times where this is appropriate, like in instances of offering congratulations, or sentiments of humor, appreciation, or condolences... etc. But for the most part this is a much overused and irritating practice. [censored] your post count.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the need to do this because typically my opinions are worth more than the opinions of others. If some random guy makes a comment, people may not care, but if I quote it, as if to say "I agree with this guy," then people are more likely to listen.

trying2learn
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the losing of the bet with yourself is the funniest thing to happen in this thread by far...

12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.swasco.net/swchs/students/Presentations/Burgett/Images/TC_farva.jpg

FYP

“I just lost a buck...to myself!

SackUp
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read things in FLAT mode instead of threaded then one post would not be 3 pages long. Also, make it so more posts appear per page so you can just skip by the stupid ones.

It appears you need to make some personal adjustments before OOT does. Honestly there is less crap in OOT now than there is in some of the p*ker forums.

Clarkmeister
12-04-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
you know why people like the doctor on 'house', simon from american idol, donald trump, etc? they're dicks, but they're also insightful, funny, entertaining, or whatever and their star quality seems to actually exist because of their caustic attitudes. so people embrace the whole package.

you have the negativity part down pat, but where's the upside to make it worth tolerating or liking? i can't remember a singular good post you've made (including this thread).

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know why people like the doctor on 'house', simon from american idol, donald trump, etc? they're dicks, but they're also insightful, funny, entertaining, or whatever and their star quality seems to actually exist because of their caustic attitudes. so people embrace the whole package.

you have the negativity part down pat, but where's the upside to make it worth tolerating or liking? i can't remember a singular good post you've made (including this thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

So in not so many words what you are saying is that I am an [censored] with no redeeming qualities?

If this thread is useless then I'd have to believe you are obligated to remove it.

You can't remember a good post I've made? Because it wasn't memorable or because you don't remember reading any of my posts? A quick search will tell you if I belong here or not. I am sorry I haven't started enough masturbation polls to hold your interest.

I hadn't realized that my lack of notoriety disqualifies me from commenting and suggesting ways to make OOT a little easier to read. My OP was just to generate discussion. I know how it came off to some, but it was well intended. Take it for what it's worth.

Clarkmeister
12-04-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So in not so many words what you are saying is that I am an [censored] with no redeeming qualities?

If this thread is useless then I'd have to believe you are obligated to remove it.

You can't remember a good post I've made? Because it wasn't memorable or because you don't remember reading any of my posts? A quick search will tell you if I belong here or not. I am sorry I haven't started enough masturbation polls to hold your interest.

I hadn't realized that my lack of notoriety disqualifies me from commenting and suggesting ways to make OOT a little easier to read. My OP was just to generate discussion. I know how it came off to some, but it was well intended. Take it for what it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

WackityWhiz
12-04-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just took a look at some of your previous posts... you come across as a very negative person.

I remember one that was like "stop posting in my forum" or something along those lines.

Yeah, people love that stuff man...

jason_t
12-04-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You can't remember a good post I've made?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You're a [censored] idiot.

Would you mnd not posting on my forum anymore?

Thanks,

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

That was effing rad! Keep fighting the good fight.

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just took a look at some of your previous posts... you come across as a very negative person.

I remember one that was like "stop posting in my forum" or something along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember saying that, but I don't remember why I said that. I don't recall getting flamed for it... so either no one disagreed or no one noticed.

I'd like to think people would have had something to say about that at the time.

If you wanna read through and find every [censored] comment I made you're in for a long night.

samjjones
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I think there's one very easy way to improve OOT. The OP can stop posting.

WackityWhiz
12-04-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember saying that, but I don't remember why I said that. I don't recall getting flamed for it... so either no one disagreed or no one noticed.

I'd like to think people would have had something to say about that at the time.

If you wanna read through and find every [censored] comment I made you're in for a long night.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need some of this man...

http://www.6ecards.com/cards/cute/kitten.jpg

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2827/mp17060dr.jpg

http://www.schnauzer.no/images/large/2004_06_15_15_53_26.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/rohjoh/image001.jpg

http://www.nacs.net/~barbwire/pics/too%20cute_1.jpg

Wanna be friends?

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All you have to do is ask.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All you have to do is ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP: Please stop posting.

Mods: Please ban this twink.

-Jihad

TheRover
12-04-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4095776)

[ QUOTE ]
You're a [censored] idiot.

Would you mnd not posting on my forum anymore?

Thanks,

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

re1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4101561)

2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4101627)

3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4095837)

[ QUOTE ]
istewart is on point often. this is one of those instances. you probably take him too seriously and/or are a gayblade.

also, it isn't your forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got too much (clap-clap) time on my hands...

JihadOnTheRiver
12-04-2005, 08:30 PM
WP rover. NH. SIIHP. HSSCKH. And such...

PokerGoblin
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I never intended to offend the people who make this forum good. That wasn't my goal at all.

I apologize sincerely.

As requested, I will not post here anymore, unless I am asked back.

No need to ban me or revive my old drunken rants or anything, it's not worth your effort. I won't be returning.

Peace

PG

fluxrad
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Gayest...flamewar...ever.

And I'm sorry, but YSSCKY is pretty [censored] gay as well. As are all LAA's.

<font color="white">Lame ass acronyms.</font>

tonypaladino
12-04-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FILL IT UP AGAIN

daryn
12-04-2005, 08:38 PM
i see this has ended well

Blarg
12-04-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of intelligent discussion in this forum, but many of the posters here are socially retarded. When someone replies with "YSSCKY" it's definitely true that they are unoriginal and unfunny, but mostly they are just trying to fit in socially in this community.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny and accurate in some ways, but the last line really cracked me up. People only act retarded to fit in?

Well, then that makes it all worthwhile.

And, serves as a fitting model to others!

While acting retarded to fit in is probably not the only or even a major reason people become OOT retards, and hardly a recommendation for it, I gotta grant that it is at least sorta a funny one.

TheMainEvent
12-04-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
G) When someone posts a picture to convey a sentiment, usually sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://bepast.org/docs/photos/Disaster/Hindenburg%2003.jpg

Blarg
12-04-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the need to do this because typically my opinions are worth more than the opinions of others. If some random guy makes a comment, people may not care, but if I quote it, as if to say "I agree with this guy," then people are more likely to listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite funny, but you need to become much better known as someone who makes gobs of money playing poker before that becomes true.

WackityWhiz
12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
G) When someone posts a picture to convey a sentiment, usually sarcasm. I have seen the hot tub picture and the steaming dungpile way more that I would ever have cared to. It is doubly cumbersome due to being repeatedly quoted into subsequent posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nikhef.nl/~h73/kn1c/ELSTAT/Explosion.jpg

samjjones
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/552/604/400/tomcruise.jpg

KDawgCometh
12-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I put the over/under on your posting again at 17 days, and I'm taking the under and would guess 13 days. But if you do end up doing the over, I'll lose a bet with myself

jakethebake
12-04-2005, 09:48 PM
How to improve 00T?

Here you go! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4102578&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post 4102578)

evil_twin
12-04-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I don't find this that funny, but while reading the OP and before I had seen any replies I laughed out loud, very hard, at the thought of someone replying with this. Hahaha.

Of course the execution was less funny than the thought, but still worthwhile I felt.

ChipWrecked
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

The pictures have been good, too.

Awesome thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/popcorn.gif

Oh, and btw, my sarcastic pic response:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/dieelmosuicide6zw.jpg

astroglide
12-04-2005, 11:15 PM
what does 92 mean?

Clarkmeister
12-04-2005, 11:18 PM
#92 on my ignore list as a result of the preceding post.

diebitter
12-05-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

you need some of this man...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://WWW.HAPPYHUNTER.COM/SQuir2.jpg
http://www.happyhunter.com/piratekittyr.jpg

WackityWhiz
12-05-2005, 02:43 AM
yeah, i left those for you man...

you love that freaking squirlzila /images/graemlins/grin.gif so do i

diebitter
12-05-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i left those for you man...

you love that freaking squirlzila /images/graemlins/grin.gif so do i

[/ QUOTE ]

Squirilla this beastie be named, fer I so named him, arrrrr! Wenches may come and service me, and charm me with their wiles while I delight em with me big baubles, but Squirilla be the rock by which I anchor when in troubled waters, arrr!

I be disappointed the scurvy knave that started this fishwives' prattlin' be not mentioning pirate patios though. Surely this must peeve him down to his wretched depths? arrr!