PDA

View Full Version : set of jacks vs limp-cap

jba
12-04-2005, 05:04 PM
villain is 60/5/1 and a little wacky

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

ok?

what's the river plan if he caps?

Spicymoose
12-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I check raise the flop, in hopes of getting 3-bet. Then I can check raise the turn. Given that you led the flop, I don't like just calling pulling a stop and go on the turn. I would rather 3-bet preflop, or check raise the turn.

Given your line up until this point, if he caps the turn, I check call the river. He may be a little crazy, but a limp-reraise is AA, KK, AK a fair portion of the time. Given his play, AA seems to be even more heavily weighted. I guess AK is possible, as is AJ, but not all that likely with the turn cap.

Bet/calling would be the second best play I think.

DCWildcat
12-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Trifecta!

Just kidding. What does "wacky" mean? Does it mean weird and unpredictable (i.e., he mightlimp cap a random hand?), or just wacky with a high VP$IP, low PFR, but tons of postflop aggro?

Depending on what "wacky" means, it might be a bet/call. A check/call might be in order since his PFR is low, if he's not wacky preflop.

12-04-2005, 05:22 PM
The correct play is to river a jack. I might cap it here with quads on the river.

If you are not skillful enough to get quads I'd check/call the river if he caps the turn, otherwise bet/3-bet the river.

jba
12-04-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does "wacky" mean? Does it mean weird and unpredictable (i.e., he mightlimp cap a random hand?)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I mean he might limp-cap a random hand. I hadn't seen him LRR before this, but he had made enough weird bets and hopeless bluff raises that when he capped I didn't give him much credit for a top hand.

everything I did postflop was an attempt to maximize bets going in.

yellowjack
12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
if he caps the turn, i check-call the river
from his stats he doesnt seem wacky/aggro enough preflop or postflop to raise the flop and raise the turn without a real hand.

given that he L-RR and has a real hand, a large % of the time it's AA or AK, with AA being much more likely (not in card frequency, but because of his actions)

Dopey
12-04-2005, 05:55 PM
I like spicymoose's line the best. Not only because I hope to get 3-bet and then c/r the turn but I would like trap CO in a little while longer. Thus if MP doesn't 3-bet then I think CO goes to turn. It adds a little risk but I am willing to do that in this spot.

If MP was more aggressive then I might like the stop and go a bit more. Overall I am not a big fan of the stop and go with a hand this strong.

As for the river, I am bet/calling. Check-calling when only one hand beats you is a little too passive for me when someone is that loose.

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

siccjay
12-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Limp Re-Raising could mean anything. I wouldn't fear AA until he showed it to me.

POKhER
12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
We're winning big or losing big, I feel like capping all the streets.

Out of every hand, i dont put him on AA. it might be a "WHAT THE HELL ILL CAP" play.

Ok c/c river if he caps and you dont want varience ^_^

27offsooot
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
c/r flop. as played, b/c river if capped.

DCWildcat
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does "wacky" mean? Does it mean weird and unpredictable (i.e., he mightlimp cap a random hand?)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I mean he might limp-cap a random hand. I hadn't seen him LRR before this, but he had made enough weird bets and hopeless bluff raises that when he capped I didn't give him much credit for a top hand.

everything I did postflop was an attempt to maximize bets going in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification! With this in mind, I'm pushing super hard on the river. Bet/3-bet. If he's liable to do it with a random hand, times you are ahead far outnumber times you're behind.