PDA

View Full Version : Did I see this right?

Stagemusic
07-10-2003, 08:37 AM
I was watching the WSOP replay last night on ESPN2 and they go to commercial. OMG a spot from our own TruePoker CEO appears before my wondering eyes. The ad wasn't all that flashy but did get the info out there. Taking on the "big" boys? Well done. Maybe in a couple of years we will see the TruePoker Open on the WPT. Party has the boat, UB has Aruba, let's put TruePoker in Seattle. Open up a little more territory for tournament poker.

Well done TPCEO. Good luck and we at the Zoo will be waiting for our invites. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

HUSKER'66
07-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Stage, Maybe my eyesight is getting bad in my old age /forums/images/icons/wink.gif but I didn't see the ad that you mention. I confess, I was at one of my local watering holes, but as stated by Annie Duke in another post started by GrannyMae, ESPN doesn't accept ads from gambling entities (sp?). I believe you but I was watching the replay (third time I've seen the program) on Espn2 and didn't catch it(could of been when I was concentrating on something other than the TV /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif ).....if it did air, good job TruePoker CEO! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Stagemusic
07-10-2003, 01:55 PM
You know, after I posted this I remembered that I was flipping between the WSOP and WPT rerun and it could have been on the Travel Channel. Either way, nice job TP

Miah
07-10-2003, 02:03 PM
I believe they aired a commercial during the PPM WPT. Didn't see one on ESPN.