PDA

View Full Version : 2 things

morgant
12-04-2005, 04:50 PM
of lesser importance. there is a thread in A/R about poster Surface spamming. how do i find this user in order to ban him?

2nd: I pay to run the A/R forum. A thread was made about propping. in it players referred to absolute poker, to which absolute contacted all the mods of my forum and the Mat here to have the thread deleted. There was nothing false or slanderous in the thread, just the bare facts. Mat, without my permission, went and deleted the thread at absolutes request??? Am i the only one who sees something wrong with that???

citanul
12-04-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of lesser importance. there is a thread in A/R about poster Surface spamming. how do i find this user in order to ban him?

2nd: I pay to run the A/R forum. A thread was made about propping. in it players referred to absolute poker, to which absolute contacted all the mods of my forum and the Mat here to have the thread deleted. There was nothing false or slanderous in the thread, just the bare facts. Mat, without my permission, went and deleted the thread at absolutes request??? Am i the only one who sees something wrong with that???

[/ QUOTE ]

i see something wrong with you bringing this up with us before you bring it up with mat privately. that's all. your agreement with 2+2 publishing or whatever the entity with which you have a contract to "run the A/R forum" should have specifics. either they're contractually allowed to do what they want and what they did, or they are not. regardless, this is something that it would be immensely unprofessional of you to bring up here before privately contacting your contact person and or mat (if it's not the same person) at 2+2. i mean no disrespect here, but it does seem like you haven't contacted them prior to making this post. if you have, and they say they are within their rights or whatnot, you still have nothing to gain complaining about it here.

dan

morgant
12-04-2005, 08:21 PM
wow, not the response i expected. but no matter what i post my professionalism is questioned. i did contact them with zero response. but i will remove this post.....

time has expired, i cant delete it. if mat feels the need, he can delete or edit at his whim.

citanul
12-04-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, not the response i expected. but no matter what i post my professionalism is questioned. i did contact them with zero response. but i will remove this post.....

time has expired, i cant delete it. if mat feels the need, he can delete or edit at his whim.

[/ QUOTE ]

my advice is to just give mat a couple of days. it's the weekend. w.r.t the poster surface, the easiest way i think is to have someone who got a PM from him send you a link to his profile. there may or may not be a way any longer to search for them if they haven't made a post.

Mat Sklansky
12-05-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm posting here, in case anyone who reads this thinks I'm ignoring the issue. As Citanul correctly points out, this is not an issue of general moderation policies.

I can find and ban users who have not yet posted.

durron597
12-05-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also PM him, and when you do add him to your address book. Then go to My Home and "View address book" and you can get his user information page.