PDA

View Full Version : KQ with a limp reraiser

winky51
12-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3144045778 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is MP2 with <font color="blue">Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> <font color="black">K/images/graemlins/spade.gif</font> (9 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 3 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Flop: (10.50 SB) <font color="green">T/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> <font color="red">K/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> <font color="green">4/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> (3 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls,

Turn: (8.25 BB) <font color="blue">9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (3 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, MP <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls,

River: (12.25 BB) <font color="red">7/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> checks,

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Not sure what to make of the guy's hand. I have seem many players at this level limp with crap then reraise with a hand like 77, 44, a suited connector.

So I figured since I had a guy draw on the turn Id raise and see a free showdown. Since I had a good # of outs. Did think he had AA because he didn't reraise me.

12-04-2005, 04:37 PM
This is not a limp reraise. Maybe the converter messed it up?

bigalt
12-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I never seem to employ the turn raise/free showdown play correctly, but I don't think this is a spot for it here.

MP is already gone, so at best you're punishing a semi-bluff, or charging him if he's got 3-5 outs. At worst you're getting 3-bet (are you comfortable folding to a 3-bet here? I'm not).

I like a call down from this spot, since I don't risk folding a worse hand or donating to a monster, though I could see betting this river after you just get called on the turn, looking for a call from JJ/QQ (and folding to a check-raise).

edit: oh laugh, I didn't even bother reading the preflop action. doesn't look like a limp reraise to me either.

winky51
12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Good point. THe old WA or WB bit.

winky51
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Ya know maybe I misread the board and he reraised from the BB and I didn't notice. Hmm.

In that case it is still a call down if he 3 bets me from the BB? I mean whats he 3 betting? AA-JJ, AK.

Nick C
12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
The 3-bet from the BB indicates a probable big hand.

Here are some combos on the turn:

AA = 6
KK = 1
TT = 3
99 = 3
AK = 8

QQ = 3
JJ = 6
AQ = 12

So that looks okay, except that I really doubt BB is pulling a stop-n-go on the turn with AQ, so I think that should be discounted heavily. (Also, a lot of players won't 3-bet AQ preflop from the BB.)

Maybe 99 should be discounted too, though. I just threw it in there because I'm not sure what SB is doing with the turn stop-n-go. Maybe in fact SB is betting because his JJ picked up a gutshot? Maybe he planned to checkraise with TT but got scared someone has QJ when the turn card fell? Maybe he's just not the type to 3-bet with a hand like AK on the flop and prefers the stop-n-go?

Anyway, getting 3-bet on the turn would suck (and I think you have to call with your gutshot, which should be clean if BB can 3-bet the turn, unless BB was 3-betting QJ preflop). Also, I don't think you have any real folding equity. So I would probably just call, planning to call again on the river. (If a jack fell on the river I'd raise.)