PDA

View Full Version : My accounts got hacked, what can I do?

rtadoyle
12-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey guys,

I discovered that my full tilt poker, gmail account, and neteller accounts were all compromised this weekend. Seems the person transferred all my money from my account on Full Tilt, to my own personal neteller account, then transferred that money and my previous neteller balance to accounts on Pacific Poker and Captain Cooks.

I've sent e-mails to Pacific Poker and Captain Cooks, Pacific poker directed me to neteller, because the money had already been 'transfered and wagered', have not heard back from Captain Cooks.

What are my options? Do I have any hope of getting my money back? It was't a huge sum of money, but still sizable, and important to me (just about 550 dollars), and I would like to try to get some back, but right now it doesn't seem likely. I'd also like to try to get this guy, but pacific poker won't reveal the handle to me (something they should easily be able to identify due to Neteller numbering their transactions). If he's based in America I have some sort of recourse it seems, but if he's international, it would probably be far too cost prohibitive to do so.

Should I involve the police? What can they do?

Trying to get my money back,

Ryan.

spliff
12-04-2005, 07:22 PM
How did he get your passwords?

Did you keep them in your g-mail, the password-emails ?

Or did you get hacked on your own PC ?

rtadoyle
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I think it'd have to be through the g-mail account. House is locked up during the day.

POKhER
12-05-2005, 04:14 PM
This is what i hate about Poker/Accounts.

I suggest after this you:

Change your email account(SETUP ONE for poker only) with a impossible Secret Question and password
i.e.
"What goes Ping Pong Pop" Answer: X8hhSd7239JH and password as: sabhdjh347389DHkH

Then go through all acccount redirecting them to your new email after checking all information. Then change passwords.

Also format your PC, get a Firewall+AV.

best you can do really.

I have Firewall+AV+Formated, I have a email for Poker only with random password on piece of paper hidden in my house. I also use different passwords for every account i have and try avoid providing any info to anyone.

Good luck, hope the offender is punished and you get your cash back!