PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 single table video - edited

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 02:53 PM
So I took a break from 20/40 to try and recover some of my shaken confidence after a pretty nasty downswing. I made a video so a friend could watch it and thought i'd share and see what type of comments I get.

I've hidden my identity because i'm paranoid - the TAG player base is kind of stagnant at 20/40.

Surf 1-tabling 10/20 (http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FFT2ARXPFM6A0CU005ZOTY9DX)

Surf

Victor
12-04-2005, 04:24 PM
i cant seem to download it. it says the page doesnt exist. anyone else getting this problem?

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 04:27 PM
the page exists but the link is from off my server at pokeravi.com and the server is a total piece of junk. im switching the server to a new host which might take a couple days. until then you might want to rehost your video on another site surf. sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
ah okay. I just terminated my accuont with my server, I'll to do some looking around and see what I can find.

Surf

surfdoc
12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
use yousend it. email it to yourself.

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 04:58 PM
thx surfdoc /images/graemlins/smile.gif

working link (I hope) (http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FFT2ARXPFM6A0CU005ZOTY9DX)

Surf

Victor
12-04-2005, 04:59 PM
got it.

Stefan_K
12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Q7o in sb you call when a loose passive has called from button, it might good, but i think it's close and would personally have fold. Also after you got raised on the turn i would have fold

A2s is a standard steal for me in CO

btw, Ctrl+Up is a nice button to increase the speed

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 06:02 PM
hey Stefan,

I've cut out steals with super-weak aces in the CO. I raise down to A5o/A4s.

for the Q7 hand, I complete almost any 2cards 8 or higher, plus Q7 and K6. I like to try and flop a pair against a player who will chase without odds. If the BB is likely to raise I tighten up. Postflop I have a tough time laying down TP for 1 bet especially with a decent kicker. I see free-showdown raises from lots of worse hands on a board that drawy.

Surf

Spicymoose
12-04-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The suitedness adds so much more value than the slightly higher kicker. I think the gap between suited and unsuited needs to be a bit larger. I raise down to A7o/A2s as my normal.

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The suitedness adds so much more value than the slightly higher kicker. I think the gap between suited and unsuited needs to be a bit larger. I raise down to A7o/A2s as my normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suitedness adds roughly 2% equity in a heads-up pot, which is quite common. An argument could be made for semibluffing potential, but since so few players fold pairs I like to actually make a hand. I am not currently comfortable raising the worst Axs on the co, but I may open up in the future.

Do others raise A2s/A3s first in on the CO?

Surf

Spicymoose
12-04-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Suitedness adds roughly 2% equity in a heads-up pot, which is quite common. An argument could be made for semibluffing potential, but since so few players fold pairs I like to actually make a hand. I am not currently comfortable raising the worst Axs on the co, but I may open up in the future.

Do others raise A2s/A3s first in on the CO?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Being suited also allows us to get to showdown more often, so realize more of the equity.

mute
12-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Looks pretty good to me.

Interested to hear your thinking on these two hands:

Maniac raises in the CO, super loosepassive coldcalls in the SB, you fold A4o. I would have called getting 5:1, and with a good chance of getting payed off if I hit.

23:30 AJ: Were you planning on raising the river? Then I like it.

I probably would have folded the Q7, that Stefan mentioned, unless I had some read on the guy (which you may have had, given that the call was good in this case).

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maniac raises in the CO, super loosepassive coldcalls in the SB, you fold A4o. I would have called getting 5:1, and with a good chance of getting payed off if I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm likely going to have to showdown a hand 3way, so aside from rare 2pair/trips/straight flops i'm essentially playing a 1card hand b/c a pair of 4s isn't going to fare so well against these 2. Also, either one could potentially have me dominated, which would be expensive. It's close, though.

[ QUOTE ]

23:30 AJ: Were you planning on raising the river? Then I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This guy loooves to bet. I was going to let him do so for as long as possible before putting in a raise.

Surf

oreogod
12-04-2005, 07:21 PM
5 min in. The 68/40 guy raises MP...u have A5s in the sb. U are usually folding the best hand here.

Victor
12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
first hand. kjs. i would 3bet the flop. maybe bb will fold ak. as is, i like the cap of course.

also, after thinking about it i would 3bet preflop.

ajo hand. i hate situations like this. its seems like they always have a pair. i often fold the turn given board texture but im not sure.

55 hand utg+1. utg limps. i wanna play this hand. i think limping or raising is fine.

a10o hand is interesting. i like the cap against the moron. i may check the turn bc i would hate to get blown off the hand.

25 in the bb. i would bet the flop and turn (since the deuce paired) and check behind.

kq hand. i would 3bet preflop. these guys are morons. lets make some dead money.

q7o hand in the sb. i generally fold here but against these morons it may be ok. i like the rest of the hand but would fold the riv if he bet. the turn kinda sucks but this player is aggro enough to have a large range here.

kq hand where you pick up a gutterball on the turn. i think this turn call is pretty easy. i may bluff the river depending on how good wynn is. if he is a decent player he will likely fold acehighs here since it is unlikely you will bluff into him and the moron. the moron adds legitamacy to your bet. pots very big too.

57o in the bb. i like this hand.

q8s hand. i like this hand too. i think capping the river is too much.

54o in the bb. i am calling pf.

a8o hand i like.

k8o hand i like.

310s in the bb. i think calling for 1 bet pf in the big blind in a 4way pot is +ev.

ak hand. there is not way i fold that river.

ajo hand. you hit an ace on the turn. i would raise here. this guys has gotten out of line with draws and this board is drawheavy.

k6 in the bb. i play it the same.

ak hand. i am waiting and raising the turn here.

k6o in the bb. i play it the same.

79s in the sb. lagtard raises, moron coldcalls and the bb is loose. i am interested if some would say to call here. ive been folding fwiw.

67s on a 455k (3 spade board). easy turn call getting 6:1 as i think your pair outs of often good here.

kq hand. you flop 2 pair and are cred. i am waiting and jacking the turn.

a5 hand. not sure about this turn fold since you have a flush draw + 2 outs to the nuts getting 11:1.

overall i couldnt find any huge holes or mistakes. you played tight and straightforward and that is definitely best against these yahoos. nice table selection btw.

for your hud i would suggest adding asb for sure. i use that a lot. i also have wsd% but i dont use it too much.

gaming_mouse
12-04-2005, 10:02 PM
You open ATo in the CO. 67/45/3 maniac guy 3bets, you cap.

c/b/c
c/b/c
c/c

I don't see him ever folding the turn, so why bet it? Seems like it just gives him a chance to c/r.

Victor
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
i agree mouse. check the turn and call a bet bc he will often bluff when you show weakness.

if he checks the riv i value bet.

gaming_mouse
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if he checks the riv i value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i miss these victor. i always wuss out. you think he calls any ace? how do you consider raise bluffs? what do you think his range is?

thanks.

gaming_mouse
12-04-2005, 10:20 PM
KQ flopped 2 pair hand in SB. how come you don't lead the flop?

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the analysis guys, and the writeup victor.

About the AT hand... In retrospect I really like a check-behind there. I've gotten burned by these lately so I get stuck in "RRRRWAAAAR MHIG 2+2 aggro HUSH BET PROTECT HAND!!!" mode, and I think I bet-fold a bit too much in these situations, especially against aggressive players. I'm working on getting to showdown when my hand favors well against the lags, even if it risks a 6 outer.

Surf

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Megalag who raised preflop would bet here like 100%, trapping all but 1 player for 2bets. He'll def bet, but I can't trust him to raise in a 5way pot, and if he does i've isolated 2 players.

Surf

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

kq hand where you pick up a gutterball on the turn. i think this turn call is pretty easy. i may bluff the river depending on how good wynn is. if he is a decent player he will likely fold acehighs here since it is unlikely you will bluff into him and the moron. the moron adds legitamacy to your bet. pots very big too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... The turn call was pretty standard I just decided to do some mental math and make sure it was okay, discounted outs + all.

I thought about bluffing the river when the aggressor hesitated and finally checked, but the last thing I need right now is to be spewing extra bets and I'm keeping my random bluff-happy thoughts in check. This looks like it would be a great squeeze play though and I felt like a <'>>< for not pulling the trigger.

Surf

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerface is mega-super-duper-passive. I didn't realize he had bet himself allin until after I had folded, but i'm 90% sure he's got a J. The maniac could be bluffraising so i'd probably call his. I'm trying so hard to save bets to try and get out of this downswing i'm getting weak tight /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

ajo hand. you hit an ace on the turn. i would raise here. this guys has gotten out of line with draws and this board is drawheavy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I almost raised, then I htought about how much it would suck to get 3bet and how I couldn't fold, and convinced myself to wait till the river to raise where I would be more likely to find a fold. Looking for folds with TPGK HU vs a maniac is not the best way to play.

Surf

Surfbullet
12-04-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

for your hud i would suggest adding asb for sure. i use that a lot. i also have wsd% but i dont use it too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually have a whole slew of #s near each player, but I just got a new laptop and PA is being a pain, the table I was filming was the only one with reliable stats for some reason, the rest get "N/As" for table avgs and no personal info.

I'm going to give it an overhaul and i'll def include ATSB and WTSD.

Surf

Victor
12-04-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the analysis guys, and the writeup victor.

About the AT hand... In retrospect I really like a check-behind there. I've gotten burned by these lately so I get stuck in "RRRRWAAAAR MHIG 2+2 aggro HUSH BET PROTECT HAND!!!" mode, and I think I bet-fold a bit too much in these situations, especially against aggressive players. I'm working on getting to showdown when my hand favors well against the lags, even if it risks a 6 outer.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

against a very passive opponent i would bet the turn tho.

Entity
12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Megalag who raised preflop would bet here like 100%, trapping all but 1 player for 2bets. He'll def bet, but I can't trust him to raise in a 5way pot, and if he does i've isolated 2 players.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else have any comments about this? I c/r this all the time but I'd like to hear who bets.

Rob

Victor
12-05-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else have any comments about this? I c/r this all the time but I'd like to hear who bets.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

5way pots are super rare so its tought to predict how players will react. when you consider how much value you lose if it gets checked around i think betting is better here.

oreogod
12-05-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerface is mega-super-duper-passive. I didn't realize he had bet himself allin until after I had folded, but i'm 90% sure he's got a J. The maniac could be bluffraising so i'd probably call his. I'm trying so hard to save bets to try and get out of this downswing i'm getting weak tight /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

While watching this hand I made a note that I would have bet the K turn.

-Also 5handed, A2s in the CO, its close to folding/raising w/ a raise being more favorable with the players u have to act behind u.

jason_t
12-05-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet but you already knew that since we yelled at each other on AIM about it. I think we get more value that way.

jason_t
12-05-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While watching this hand I made a note that I would have bet the K turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I told Entity.

kiddo
12-05-2005, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
overall i couldnt find any huge holes or mistakes. you played tight and straightforward and that is definitely best against these yahoos. nice table selection btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agressionfactor by street is also good, some always attack flop some always turn, good to know.

Overall I think surfbullet had a little 2 tight preflopstandards. There was a guy raising nearly 50% and a nother guy playing 80% of hands. A-high against first guy is fine (A5s is a monster) and Q7o is a fine raise against other guy (not saying u had it, but u did some folding).

If I was in LP and this 80%, 0.4AF limped I would raise 2/3 of all my hands, u got at least as good handrange, u got position and he will miss 99% of his valuebets postflop and call when you valuebet 999% to often.

I didnt look at all hands, but the ones I saw looked alright. Agree that u should flopbet 2pair w KQ because the guy with PFR50% will often raise and the others give him no respect at all so they are calling with weak hands and u can do a nice 3bet and make them pay a lot with zero outers like 2nd pair no kicker.

oreogod
12-05-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

q7o hand in the sb. i generally fold here but against these morons it may be ok. i like the rest of the hand but would fold the riv if he bet. the turn kinda sucks but this player is aggro enough to have a large range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

are u folding any river here, or just the sick looking ones?

Also Q8s hand is nice, not sure on turn...sometimes I go either/or (betting or checking).

hemstock
12-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Why do you fold 67s against the maniac when you have an OESD?

12-05-2005, 09:25 AM
That Q8s hand, I usually bet/fold the turn I think. Unless one of the opponents is capable of semibluffing the turn with a draw then I take a free card.
Dunno if it's right though..

Btw were you calling any rivercard UI? Or in which situations would you fold the river UI (except when its 2 bets back to you) ?

gaming_mouse
12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
You check 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif in BB.

T23 all /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to megalag who bets, SB folds, you fold.

Pot is offering almost 7:1. There is a (40 choose 2)/(47 choose 2) ~ 72% chance that your flush will be good when you hit. Not worth a peel?

Trix
12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I got bored after 23 mins, but here is what got to add:

KJdd
Think I´ll 3bet the first time after a bet, a raise and a coldcall. If the original better folds, then fine, it may have cleared an overcard, if he calls, then thats fine too, it will give you more value.
I wont cap the 2. time around though as the call-reraise gives your hand away imo and will cause him to lead turned blanks, but check diamonds. I dont think the EV you gain makes up for the lower implied odds. He will probably bet an overpair again on a turned diamond if you dont cap.

I would have played the Q9s 2 off the button, but whatever. I think your postflop edge outweighs the very low chance of stealing the blinds.

Not sure about the A5hh either.

I´d limp the 55 as I dont want to get 3bet by the clown here, but am fine with going 2 bets with him as likely better on the flop.

I fold Q8 in the spot where u completed Q7, very loose passive button openlimper and 20/22 BB.

The KQ turn peel seem fine.

I might call with the 75 since the guy probably isn´t a very good valuebetter, his bluffs will be a decent part of his range if he does bluff.

I think you can bet the turn with the Q8. The river is a cap, he has worse 2-pair mostly.

I´m not sure I valuebet the A8.

I call T3s in the BB at most likely 7:1

Not sure I like the AK fold. Just think the first guy would have bet a J on the turn. Other guy could ofcouse have it, but it´s his last $, so I dont think he deserve much credit.

Victor
12-05-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can bet the turn with the Q8. The river is a cap, he has worse 2-pair mostly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how you can think this. ppl love aces so this looks like an ax 2 pair to me.

Trix
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Unless you think he will play the flop faster with toppair.

Victor
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you think he will play the flop faster with toppair.

[/ QUOTE ]

ppl dont always raise or bet their aces on the flop. i dont even think thats the norm. these guys never would play a flopped 2pair fast. they love to cr the turn.