PDA

View Full Version : Hand against GoT

Entity
12-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Table has been running kinda weird. Brighten and I don't have a ton of playing history but we talk poker quite a bit. 10/20 live. We've had 2 other hands so far where it's been folded to me in the SB. Brighten doesn't chop. In the past two hands I've opencompleted with J9o and 87o. Both times he has checked his option. The first one he bet every street UI on an A49 board, I called down and he showed 23o. The next one we checked it down on a fairly ugly board, something like KKQQ9. He had 76o and we chopped. Given how the table is running we might be having quite a few of these blind battles and I'd like to randomize my play.

I limp KJo. Brighten raises. I limpreraise. He calls. Flop 245r. I check. He checks. Turn J. I bet. He calls. River A. I check intending to call.

Rob

foldem
12-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Did you consider a turn check raise? It's a good play for meta game reasons. Seems like he is playing agressive enough that it wont go check, check twice.

I think check-calling is the way to go on the river, you may be able to induce a bluff and if you bet and he raises it puts you in a tough spot.

DeathDonkey
12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I like a turn checkraise much better if GoT bet the flop. We really don't want to give another free card if he has an ace for his gutshot / pair. I bet the flop first of all and I think the river is close between what Entity did and betting with a pause hoping to get bluff raised.

-DeathDonkey

W. Deranged
12-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Did you consider betting the flop?

I presume a major reason you didn't is that any A high hand has a gutshot and so your fold equity against that major class of hands you'd like to fold is pretty much reduced.

Do you think GoT is concerned about a flop check-raise from you? If so, I like the flop check a lot more.

As for pre-flop and the turn/river line, I like it. I don't like checking the turn particularly. Even if you're confident he'll bet most of the time, the few times it gets checked through is a pretty big disaster, and very often a turn check-raise isn't getting paid off anyway.

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 10:37 PM
GOTs preflop raising range should be huge so you have alot of equity on this flop. i would bet it and pick up the pot. checking seems really weak since you need to checkcall and youre just handing over the pot to him on the turn.

bet the turn, no checkraise.

i like the river check. after youve limpreraised preflop brighten is going to put you on a pair or ace. there isnt a whole lot of worse hands that are going to pay off a river bet other than a jack. hes probably betting a 245 on this flop and a jack is probably raising the turn. if he has a 245 hes probably folding to the river bet. its hard for him to put you on a nonPP nonA nonJ hand after youve checked this flop because your fold equity is so good.

sfer
12-05-2005, 01:37 AM
I used to have a lot of HU hands like this with Josh when we played more live. They were at first spastically aggressive, then everything was bet/call, check/check. That is, it went from "FU I RAISE!" distrust to "FU, ME NO FOLD BEST HAND EVER!" distrust. I suspect you guys are still in phase 1, so I like your line. Deciding not to fold a pair ever is good until he stops betting your hand for you.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-05-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GOTs preflop raising range should be huge so you have alot of equity on this flop. i would bet it and pick up the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess the chances of Entity picking up the pot on this flop with a bet are pretty close to zero.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-05-2005, 05:10 AM
we talked about this hand and i basically said your line was fine and take whatever line you need to show this hand down.

TStoneMBD
12-05-2005, 02:16 PM
i meant pick up the pot with a turn follow through