PDA

View Full Version : Two hands, multiway, with "interesting" choices

DeeJ
12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Hand 1 : Middle set going wild

Villain (BB) is pretty ordinary loosey goosey (44/10). Don't know anything about SB.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font> , .. What's the plan ?

Hand 2 : Top two pair at the turn

MP1 is your average TAG (16/12). BB is very loose (not the same one) about 60/10

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.33 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font> ..

What's the plan?

foldem
12-04-2005, 02:44 PM
hand 1) cap the turn. SB is definitely on a draw and you want to charge him. BB may have the straight but he has AJ or some jacks up a lot too. If BB comes out firing again on the river just call unless you fill up then its a raise call.

Hand 2) I raise. BB is probably on the naked A /images/graemlins/spade.gif and MP1 could have K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQx. If it's two more bets when it gets back to me folding is probably correct but I am a fish so I would call down on a non /images/graemlins/spade.gif river.

gh9801
12-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Hand 1: Cap the turn. Bet/call any river, unless you fill.

Hand 2: TAG's threebet on flop after his cold-call preflop scares me, it may very well be 66 but it depends on the TAG, some of them like to cold call a hand like JsTs or maybe AsJo. Even with top two here, I don't think you're ahead very often against MP's range. A turn raise here wouldn't knock out MP's Ace of spades anyways - so I don't see a poitn in a raise (I don't think it'd be for value). I'd try to get to a showdown as cheaply as possible

me454555
12-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Hand 1 is pretty easy. Cap the turn and bet the river.

Hand 2: I think you gotta call this b/c you're getting the right odds to fill and there's no gurantee MP1 will raise. If he raises call 1 but if its 2 back to you I think you can fold.

CardSharpCook
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Hand 1: 58.3333 % [ 00.55 00.04 ] { Tc8d }
Hand 2: 21.4286 % [ 00.21 00.00 ] { 9s9h }
Hand 3: 20.2381 % [ 00.17 00.04 ] { 8c7c }

yeah, you've got the same equity as the flush draw. However, how common is AJ here? 77? I think a cap is acceptable for these reasons. Bet/call or call the river.

lil feller
12-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Hand 1:
Cap that mother. His hand looks a lot more like 2pair that didn't want to get checked through then it does T8. He could also very easily the nut diamond draw. SB most certainly flopped a club draw, who knows with what cards. There are certainly a lot of river cards to dodge here, but I think both opponents are drawing and a cap is in order.

Hand 2:

BB's donk looks like a flop continuation that got popped and then he spiked a pair (maybe???) Could also be a made hand looking to trap you between him and the flop aggressor. Tough to tell. There's also the problem of what MP1 would cold-call with preflop. Whats his range? He's certainly 3betting with AKs, but what about AJs? Most 16/12's arent c/c with ATs (although I guess thats possible) and certainly not w/ anything smaller then that. He'd 3 bet QQ preflop for sure, but might c/c w/ 99 or 66.

The more I think about how easy it is for you to be drawing slim vs one or both opponents, and the likelyhood that MP1 will raise if you call the turn bet, I sort of like a fold here. This might be extremely weak/tight, but i'm having a hard time coming up with a situation where your in front here, and the turn is likely to go off for 3 bets before you get to see the river.

thoughts?

lf

DeeJ
12-05-2005, 05:12 AM
OK, here's some thoughts.

1) if I'm behind to a straight, I need to fill up. If I'm ahead of either flush draw, but it comes in, I'm pooped. Also, is BB 3-betting into two players at the turn with just a draw?

2) MP1 cold 3-bets the flop, cold called preflop and BB has 3-bet preflop. I was very suspicious of this as ranges for cold calling by TAGs are usually pretty slim, but include such hands as 99 and AsJs/AsTs ... the turn card is as nice as I might want, but I could still be drawing pretty thin.

Results later.

DeeJ
12-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Hand 1 : I thought I was behind to a str8 - what else makes sense? I didn't cap also because I had no way of protecting my hand. Anyway, I call and so does SB. River is a 2c which completes the flush draw just to add to my problem - SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB folds. BB has T8 for the turned straight.

Hand 2: This got worse. I call because I don't know what MP is going to do behind me, and I think there's a good chance I need another good card /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Sure enough he raises, we both call. River brings 5s to make the four flush, BB bets, I fold, MP raises, BB folds /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lousy session lost 30 BB in 70 hands /images/graemlins/mad.gif