PDA

View Full Version : pointless poll: do you block PokerStars avatars

jb9
12-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Stupid question for a Sunday morning...

What's it take for you to block a player's image on Poker Stars.

If someone's image annoys or distracts me in any way, I block it without a second thought. I would block all of them always, but when I do I can't see my chip count when I have cards (which is more annoying than the avatars).

I often spend the time before a SNG starts blocking 1/2 the images at the table. The first to get blocked is any close up of an eye. Then distracting faces, couples, or semiclad people. Then any children. Then sports stars or jerseys I don't like.

Later, I block the image of anyone who sucks out on me, especially if they raise their gutshot on the turn. I laugh maniacally while I do this.

Dogs, cartoon characters, chips, cards, and abstracts I'm usually cool with.

Without further ado...

BigBiceps
12-04-2005, 02:25 PM
I just have them all turned off. I don't see what the avatars have to do with seeing your chip count.

jb9
12-04-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what the avatars have to do with seeing your chip count.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have avatars off, your cards are dealt over top of your chip count, so you have to fold to see how many chips you have...

JohnnyFX
12-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Never. I want every scrap on information I can get on my opponents.

12-04-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have avatars off, your cards are dealt over top of your chip count, so you have to fold to see how many chips you have...

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can't tell by looking in the upper left hand corner where it says "Your Chips:"

12-04-2005, 02:45 PM

barongreenback
12-04-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't stand looking at ugly kids.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not just the ugly ones.

For some reason people with their kids as avatars winds me up the wrong way. I think, I resent them bringing their personal life into my game. When I take money of them I like to imagine that the child isn't eating tonight as a result. This makes me happy. Does this make me a bad man?

James

dibbs
12-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I pretty much block every picture of kids cuz theyre all so god damn hideous.

chisness
12-04-2005, 03:41 PM
people with little kid pics are usually bad but i bet their kids eat just as well win or lose!

A_Junglen
12-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Generally block children, and especially ugly people. If it's a "name" player I'll usually keep their avatar.

tubalkain
12-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I block children, goatse, sports stuff, tubgirl, random pictures, and other things. If it's not a hot woman, odds are it's not sticking around long.

POKhER
12-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Always block every picture, same with absolute.

i find they make me play different i.e. If i think they are female...

Hmm its wierd!!!!

gisb0rne
12-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I've only blocked one image and it was something wierd that I found distracting, and the guy kept sucking out so it made me mad.

12-04-2005, 06:16 PM
I block them all, except for pictures of Bill Fillmaff.

jb9
12-04-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can't tell by looking in the upper left hand corner where it says "Your Chips:"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, well, uh...

I could if I'd ever noticed it before...

jb9
12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason people with their kids as avatars winds me up the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

There is a sports message board I read and one of the most emotional, angry posters who is always flaming someone or trashing the coach or players has a picture of a cute little girl for his avatar. Freaks me out.

P.S. I originally registered for 2+2 so that I could block avatars (and change display settings generally). I never intended to make stupid polls...

MyTurn2Raise
12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never. I want every scrap on information I can get on my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]