PDA

View Full Version : TT quandry

lil feller
12-04-2005, 08:02 AM
B&M 20/40 w/ a kill, this is not a kill pot.

UTG is reasonably tight and reasonably aggressive. We have a lot of history together and while he respects my play, he also knows that I push situations some times with marginal holdings. SB is an uber l/p with hints of goofy aggression sprinkled in.

I'm UTG+2 w/ black Tens.

UTG raies. I 3 bet. SB calls 3. UTG caps. We call, 3 to the flop.

Its 652 w/ 2 clubs. UTG bets, I raise. SB calls 2 cold. UTG 3bets I call and so does the sb.

Turn is a red Jack. UTG leads...hero looks left and sees SB reaching for chips. Hero...???

lf

DeathDonkey
12-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Fold. He keeps trying to tell you he has a bigger pair, I'd listen eventually.

-DeathDonkey

jason_t
12-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Drop it like it's hot.

charlieD
12-04-2005, 12:17 PM
at a full table and against a decent TAG's utg raise, did you contemplate folding preflop?

ErrantNight
12-04-2005, 12:22 PM
no. neither should you.

ErrantNight
12-04-2005, 12:23 PM
jason and the donkey already told you what to do.

i'm here to be the ass that goes:

"it's spelled: quandary"

lil feller
12-04-2005, 04:19 PM
"at a full table and against a decent TAG's utg raise, did you contemplate folding preflop?"

No. His 2bet range here is pretty wide, including KQs and 77+. I'd never seen him cap preflop w/ less then AK or TT+

lf

lil feller
12-04-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jason and the donkey already told you what to do.

i'm here to be the ass that goes:

"it's spelled: quandary"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awesome.

I, like a good boy, folded to the turn bet. River blanked off and it went check/check. UTG showed 99.

Now, here's the real question. I don't see him doing this very often with a pair this small. Should I make any adjustments when playing vs this player in the future, or just be comfortable in the knowledge that "most" of the time folding TT on the turn is the right play there?

lf

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 10:47 PM
you played it well. you gotta fold that against this type of player. his preflop capping range is so narrow and hes not going to always play 99 and AK like this, maybe only on occassion for metagame. the rest of the time hes going to have you beaten. making adjustments like calling down TT on these boards in the future just based on this one incident would actually be paying off his metagame ploy. adjusting properly would just mean that when a really close fold/call situation comes up against him you lean to call because you know hes capable of doing some weird stuff sometimes.