PDA

View Full Version : 3/6: K8o Blind battle; I give up on the turn

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 04:56 AM
BB 60/9 over 33 hands So not much

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed, 5 max)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

yellowjack
12-04-2005, 05:05 AM
Looks good.

In general, how often are you firing again on the turn when you don't have a pair?

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 05:47 AM
I don't know. It's so situation and player dependent. I'll do it a lot against TAGs when I know they are calling the flop hoping to hit but obviously won't have odds to continue. This one’s hard because I think he's calling me with crap a lot on the flop, but I don't want to invest two more BB to see a showdown with K8 high.

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 03:51 PM
bump

jba
12-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I like it

if the turn is a 3 non-/images/graemlins/club.gif you're betting?

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. The main problem I have here is that betting at the pot isn't going to folding anything that beats me, but he's not calling enough with things I beat to make a bet and then a river check/call worth it.

jba
12-04-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. The main problem I have here is that betting at the pot isn't going to folding anything that beats me, but he's not calling enough with things I beat to make a bet and then a river check/call worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok I can buy that I guess but a guy this loose has a bunch of 6 outers that we're giving a free card to. how do you feel about that?

i hate these situations

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok I can buy that I guess but a guy this loose has a bunch of 6 outers that we're giving a free card to. how do you feel about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worst really. I feel like he's probably betting a lot of them. I haven't seen this guy enough to know what he's like post flop, but PokerRoom has struck me as a really LAGy place with a lot of semi-smart donks. I wouldn't expect him to check though very often.

POKhER
12-04-2005, 04:34 PM
I check/Call flop and then Cr/Bet the turn because i'm a donk and everyone loves to fold when a flush falls /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Except the guys with his WTSD numbers /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Chairman Wood
12-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Is there any other lines pf or flop that doesn't leave us in this situation because losing this pot this way seems pretty inevitable.

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any other lines pf or flop that doesn't leave us in this situation because losing this pot this way seems pretty inevitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open complete. check/fold when we don't hit?

POKhER
12-04-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah or i do that, I only steal from tightys with a good read though. Haven't worked on this side of 6max yet. To busy establishing my "game".

gonzopro
If BB is a calling station (with the provided info I'd day it's likely), would callling from the SB make more sense? He going to call until the river and whether we have a hand or not. Just calling preflop allows us to get away from our hand easier if he bets the flop. Our check on the turn broadcasts that we don't have a hand so even passive villians are likely to bet (which is why when we do have a hand we should sometimes ck the turn to induce a bluff).

imported_leader
[ QUOTE ]
I check/Call flop and then Cr/Bet the turn because i'm a donk and everyone loves to fold when a flush falls /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Except the guys with his WTSD numbers /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's folding enough to that CR or the bet.

POKhER
12-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Oops i just read his stats, Complete and fold.

Would you try steal from this guy in 10max? i wouldn't /images/graemlins/blush.gif

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oops i just read his stats, Complete and fold.

Would you try steal from this guy in 10max? i wouldn't /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not trying to steal though. It's for value. He could easily be defending any two. I don't play any different in full after 4 folds then I do in 6-max. I just try to remember that full players tend to be much weaker and more passive then 6m players. It should be noted however that someone with these stats is probably a much worse full player then a 6m player.

POKhER
12-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Marginal value though, PokerStove said 55% to 45% HU vs a random hand(I let it run for a few seconds so could be far out).

I normally complete here and let it go(Or one bluff bet).

Chairman Wood
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm..... instinctively this seems bad but does anyone else think this could be the best play?

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Marginal value though, PokerStove said 55% to 45% HU vs a random hand(I let it run for a few seconds so could be far out).

I normally complete here and let it go(Or one bluff bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really open completing much at all. Probably something I should consider against this player.

imported_leader
12-04-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm..... instinctively this seems bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it feels a little icky to me too.