PDA

View Full Version : Too much??

bravos1
12-04-2005, 04:08 AM
No real reads, but SB seems decent enough.

FullTilt 1/2 (9 handed)

Dealt 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

Folded to me, I raise, SB calls, BB reraises, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, I bet, SB calls, BB folds

Turn J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet, SB calls

River 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

check, check

Thoughts?

jaxUp
12-04-2005, 04:09 AM
gorgeous...you can also consider checking the turn and calling a river bet.

bottomset
12-04-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like the checkbehind, call river line more

12-04-2005, 04:22 AM
This is made an interesting hand when BB fails to bet the flop.

I check behind on the turn.

You could get checkraised here with 2pr or AT and end up folding the best hand which would lick balls.

I call a river bet (expecting to snap a bluff) or bet for value if checked to (villian will think I'm FOS after checking the turn).

bravos1
12-04-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like the checkbehind, call river line more

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it would suck to get C/R'd here! I was just about to reply to JaxUp the same thing then I saw your post...

Shillx
12-04-2005, 04:31 AM
My Thoughts (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=micro&Number=3785232& Searchpage=2&Main=3776427&Words=Shillx&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post3785232)

Wow bet the river dude.

shant
12-04-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet for value if checked to (villian will think I'm FOS after checking the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a key thing people are failing to address when planning on checking the turn.

bravos1
12-04-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is made an interesting hand when BB fails to bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
[ QUOTE ]

I check behind on the turn.

You could get checkraised here with 2pr or AT and end up folding the best hand which would lick balls.

I call a river bet (expecting to snap a bluff) or bet for value if checked to (villian will think I'm FOS after checking the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. I agree, think this is the best line after pondering on it a bit. BB did indeed have 2 pair (K/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif), but totally went weak-tight with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the board.

bottomset
12-04-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet for value if checked to (villian will think I'm FOS after checking the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a key thing people are failing to address when planning on checking the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I didn't specify, but yeah thats a super easy river bet, if checked too

DavidC
12-04-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My Thoughts (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=micro&Number=3785232& Searchpage=2&Main=3776427&Words=Shillx&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post3785232)

Wow bet the river dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Brad.

12-04-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Wow bet the river dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on, spot on. He is apperently afraid of something when he checks the turn and river so I would throw out a bet on the river and call a raise, but a raise from him is VERY unlikely here.

Catsailor
12-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Grunch:
I like this all the way. After BB ck/fold on flop I think we are looking better.
When Js fell on turn I fear a better spade might ck/r here but since he doesn't, and he cks the river, I think we are good here. I bet this river.

After reading others checking the turn does sound good. I need a lot of work in this area. Shilx says it very well.

12-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey Bravos!

Grunch:

I like the pf and flop play. BB must have missed VERY badly /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I play the turn the same, even with a weak flush. On the riv, I really don't see how else you can play it. Your seven beats the board & the SB needs either the A or J-8s to beat you. Since he didn't c/r the turn when he would have made a flush, I'm guessing you are good here, but I'm not re-betting the pot. If he also has another spade, 5 are higher & only 3 are lower. Checking behind is OK.