PDA

View Full Version : Turn Play

slim
07-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Here's a typical scenario of what I want to ask but I can't think of a specific hand from a recent session so I will make one up.

Say you are in the BB with something like K-10 spades and you are HU with an opponent who raised PF form LP so you call. Flop is K-x-x with a spade. You check , he bets, you CR and he re-raises so I know he's got AK or AA. Now if the turn is another spade giving you 9 extra outs, do you just check-call or do you make a play like a CR and bet out again on the river hoping for a steal by showing strength on the turn even though you don't make the flush or 2 pair?

This situation happened twice to me last session and I made a play on the turn both times.....I chopped once and lost once. Both times my opponents said they almost folded the turn but didn't. I guess I should try it on tight players only.

Ed Miller
07-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Don't make these plays. Don't try to blow someone off top pair or an overpair... especially headsup. Think about it... would you fold?

Dynasty
07-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Low limit players are very unlikely to fold AA or AK. I doubt I would have even check-raised the flop.