PDA

View Full Version : $25NL 6-max, JJ facing all-in after show of aggression

12-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Villain was new to me. For the session, in 74 hands, he was 74/16/4. He wasn't maniacal though, he would lay down to aggression if he thought he was in trouble or dominated; I bluffed him out of a pot earlier (or maybe I didn't, I had middle pair on a dangerous board). If anyone was paying attention, I had a very TAG image (with lots of loose-passives at the table chasing and calling, bluff preflop raising was out of the question for the most part, I was 16/5/2 at this table this session).

Hero ($32) is on button with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif .
Villain ($28) is UTG and raises to $1. UTG+1 calls, CO calls, (see what I mean?), Hero calls (I debated reraising but decided to just call), blinds fold.

Flop ($4.25): 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG bets $3, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $10. UTG thinks about 10 seconds and calls.

Turn ($24): 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 /images/graemlins/club.gif).
UTG pauses about 3 seconds and pushes his last $15.

Hero......?

TheWorstPlayer
12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
call. he's semi-bluffing.

12-04-2005, 01:50 PM
FWIW, I would put a nice raise in on the button preflop.

On the turn, you need to fold.

12-04-2005, 02:15 PM
TWP, what do you put villain on here? I had him on TT-AA, AJ-AK with the ace of clubs, or maybe KQ with a club. He might've had the flush on the turn the way he thought and called. Or he might've just had Ac.

I ran a possible range through PokerStove (TT-AA, AKs-AJs, KQs, AK-AJo, KQo) and it had me at 55-45. If I got rid of all the hands that weren't paired and didn't have Ac or Kc (for KQ), that'd have to run it fairly close to 50-50.

What I am really now hating in this hand is the fact that I didn't reraise preflop.

12-04-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I am really now hating in this hand is the fact that I didn't reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this makes the hand difficult to play, when it shouldn't be.

12-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Yes, I am kicking myself now for not reraising. And I did fold.