PDA

View Full Version : Whats the play here?

lwinfieldm
07-09-2003, 07:06 PM
No-Limit. $120 buy in. No rebuys.10 tables
Blinds go up 50% every 30 minutes.We all start with $1000.
This is the first round.Blinds are $15/25.We have only played about 15 hands.I think most of the players are playing too loose.No maniacs so far.I'am dealt J6o in the big blind.The #2 player limps in,the #6 player limps in,and the small blind calls.The flop comes J106 two spades.Of course I like flopping 2 pair,but I dont like the J10 spades there.The small blind bets $25 there is now $125 in the pot.I decide to over bet the pot and try and take it right there,so I bet $200 I now have $750 in chips,to my surprise the #2 player makes it $400,they all fold to me,the #2 player has $1000 in chips left.All I can tell you about this player is that I think he plays too loose but is not overly aggressive.For some reason I think he has a J10 and has a better two pair.Its early in the tournament,I think most of the players are playing too loose,I still have $750 in chips and I think I should either fold or go all-in and elect to fold.I question my decision.I would appreciate it if some of you would tell me how you would have played this hand.

Jon Matthews
07-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Could be JT alright, that or 66 is also likely. That is if you are beaten. He could also have a Jack with a good kicker or T6.

Would JT have been raised preflop here? I take it #2 player is in EP so maybe not.

I think he wants you to go all in here and you should fold most of the time.

Jon.