PDA

View Full Version : Where did I go wrong?

12-03-2005, 11:26 PM
My first hand post so apologies if the format is incorrect.
MP1 is a gambler and plays most flops and frequently raises.
I have no read on others.
Please make me aware of my errors.
Thanks.
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (9.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

milesdyson
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
1. by calling the flop
2. by posting the river card (what i mean is that we already know 6 out of 46 times the river will be a king or queen.)

12-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Fold preflop
Fold flop

12-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Yes, I suspected that calling the flop was a mistake. Having made that mistake however, was it another mistake to fold on the turn. Should I have called with the pot odds?
Please clarify what you mean by posting the river so that I learn the correct method. Do you mean I should have held back what card the river was to get others' analysis?
Thanks.

SoftcoreRevolt
12-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Your odds are only marginally better on the turn than on the flop, calling either is a massive mistake.

12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
given your previous play, turn fold was correct. basically every street here should have been folded

12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Fold pre flop? I read SSH to say that I should have called it? Have I mis-read SSH? If so could you explain why?
Thanks.

SoftcoreRevolt
12-03-2005, 11:52 PM
SSHE says to do the opposite, for good reason. Your cards are likely dominated, and offsuit, so you have very few ways to win this pot. You are ahead of nothing the PFR has, and not only that, most of his range dominates you, making you a massive underdog to him.

nomadtla
12-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Fold preflop, fold flop, fold turn,

[ QUOTE ]
making you a massive underdog to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And making you pay off massively when you have a second best hand. Or when you don't fold the flop that is nothing but air to you. This is one of the major things about calling with unsuited, easily dominated hands when you flop a hand it may be second best and you will pay a lot to find that out.

As far as the post itself: Format looked fine what Miles is saying is that you folded on the turn therefore the river card is irrelevant. It could be a Joker and it would still be irrelevant cause you folded the turn. Once you fold your hand the rest of the board becomes irrelevant. To think "ohhh I would have hit my Q on the river" is results oriented. You want to analyze whether your play was right not whether you might have won the hand had you played it differently.

None of this is intended to be harsh, just trying to explain myself and the other posters responses.

Welcome to the forums.

12-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Grunch:

Fold to the flop 2 bet. You are only getting 6:1 which isn't enough for at most 6 outs (the Kd may not help you if it completes a flush draw)

12-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Why do you fold this preflop? I thought KQ was one of the two hands you're supposed to cold call.

nomadtla
12-04-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you fold this preflop? I thought KQ was one of the two hands you're supposed to cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ sooted yes, KQ offsoot no. Sooted gives you another way to win the pot.