PDA

View Full Version : live 10/20 QTs

foldem
12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Playing 6-7 handed UTG limps, folded to me and I raise it with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif SB calls, BB folds and limper calls. UTG has been limping with a variety of trash and occasionally strong hands. He plays tricky and good post flop.

Flop is Q J T rainbow with one club. They check to me I bet, SB check raises UTG cold calls I three bet and they call.

Turn is a K. Not sure if it made a flush draw or not (definitely not mine). What's my plan if a) they check to me, b) there is a bet and a call, c) a bet and a raise? Thanks.

CardSharpCook
12-03-2005, 10:13 PM
A) check behind
B) let it go
C) 3bet.

goofball
12-03-2005, 10:19 PM
CSC -

A yes, but I disagree about b and c.

b) you have 4 outs getting 10:1 closing the action, I think you should call.

c) yes utg plays tricky postflop, but what do you think he's getting tricky with her? JT? K8? I just have a hard time imagining that we're good after that action, and we could easily get squeezed for 5 bets.

foldem
12-04-2005, 02:13 PM
In the actual hand I checked it through on the turn and the river was a blank. SB bet UTG called overcall or muck?

BTW I would never have thought to three bet in option c) but I think its a good play. It should definitely get the SB off of a 9 and the tricky player may just have a K in that spot. There is a 4-bet cap in this game so if I do get 4 bet I just call to spike a boat. Otherwise I should win the pot.

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM
sorry csc i dont know what youre talking about

a check behind
b call you have odds to chase a boat plus they might check to you on the river and you hold up (small chance)
c fold