PDA

View Full Version : OOT Foreign Beer Exchange

12-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Im fairly wasted, reading the local region brew thread, and thought of an idea. Lets exchange local brews. Post in this thread, what you can supply and what you want by region, and then we can PM eachother with requests for some beer.

Im in st. louis, so I have acess to Schlafly, Lemp, Ofallon, and a couple other locals.

radek2166
12-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Any of them any good?

12-03-2005, 10:02 PM
The Shlafly coffee stout is v good ( I had 6 so far tonight). The ofallon Pumpkin ale is retardedly good, but its seasonal, and I only got a case left. Shlafly heffenweizen is comparable to boulevard (but better imo). Lemp is ok, its the original lemp recipe from the 1800s, but brewed in illinois. Also I forgot, is Miller Golden draught regional? Its only in illinios here, about a 30 min drive.

RunDownHouse
12-03-2005, 10:24 PM
You'd enjoy a Schlafly sampler. Nothing mind-blowing, but its good beer, and trying microbrews to which you have no access is always a good time.

Los Feliz Slim
12-03-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lemp

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to college in St. Louis, and have entered this thread to inform anyone interested NOT to accept Lemp beer from this man. Lemp is in my top 5 worst beers of all time, and is a contender for #1.

dcasper70
12-04-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im fairly wasted, reading the local region brew thread, and thought of an idea. Lets exchange local brews. Post in this thread, what you can supply and what you want by region, and then we can PM eachother with requests for some beer.

Im in st. louis, so I have acess to Schlafly, Lemp, Ofallon, and a couple other locals.

[/ QUOTE ]

guids, I am very interested in this proposal, and can readily obtain most New England beers.
Here's (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=4025547&S earchpage=3&Main=4025547&Words=dcasper70&topic=&Se arch=true#Post4025547) a sample.

Are there any legalities to be concerned with?
How about packing, anyone have experience shipping beverages via USPS/FedEx, etc.?

I'll start looking through beeradvocate.com for ideas.

dcasper70
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are there any legalities to be concerned with?
How about packing, anyone have experience shipping beverages via USPS/FedEx, etc.?

I'll start looking through beeradvocate.com for ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like USPS is a bad, bad idea. FedEX and DHL have received positive reviews. State and federal laws may be against this, but keeping amounts in the 6-12 pack range, and not charging money, and for the most part there will be no issues.

As for packing, the common thought is:
Wrap bottle with something like thin foam/paper towels/felt.
Place bottle in ziplock, remove air.
Wrap ziplock in bubble wrap.
Place in box o' packing peanuts.
Leave no room for movement.

RunDownHouse
12-04-2005, 01:28 PM
There are also foam packing cases made for shipping beer bottles. Think a top and bottom set of foam pieces molded for bottles.

I just spent a few minutes trying to search for where I found it, but I failed. Maybe someone else can.