PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars tourneys???

thekid
07-09-2003, 04:31 PM
I have been playing a lot of pokerstars no limit multi-table tourneys as of late, and I find that they are an all-in fest. It seems like that is the move of choice. Does anyone have any comments about Pokerstars? Anyone have any advice about playing this type of tourney? I have lost with kk to A2 unsuited several times after I made a 6X BB raise preflop (which was about 25% of A2's stack) and leading out all in after a flop that didn't bring an ace or a 2 or a straight draw. This kind of calling makes me think that luck is all it takes to win these tourneys. Any comments? Thanks in advance.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-09-2003, 05:00 PM
What buy-in level are you playing?

curtains
07-10-2003, 01:02 AM
There is tons of luck in every tournament, as its almost impossible to win or do well, without getting lucky a few times. However if you consistantly have hands like KK against A2, you will be getting lucky a lot more than they will.

MrGo
07-10-2003, 04:42 AM
I find 'Stars' tournies tough. I disagree with the all-in fest, unless you are playing $10 buy-in's or less. The $30+3 tournies are very good..and the $50's are even better. When I say better, obviously nice payouts but better competition as well.

thekid
07-10-2003, 08:13 AM
I have played every buy in they have (including the $200) and done well in many of them (gotten into the money), but it seems that when I get knocked out it is the result of a suspect call and I get sucked out on. I understand that suck outs happen (I have been on the suck out side of some of them). Thanks for the response.