PDA

View Full Version : Rig-a-jig-jig, it's Dominic the Donkey

youtalkfunny
12-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Anybody ever heard of Dominic the Donkey?

It's an Italian-American Christmas song, that I hadn't heard since I was a kid--until today, when they played some on The Wiseguy Show on Sirius.

Am I the only one who's heard of it?

daryn
12-03-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course. also, remember that song about the mouse and the cheese or something?

Emmitt2222
12-03-2005, 08:17 PM
ytf,

o yes, I remember because no one will ever let me forget. Seeing how my name is Dominic, literally about 50% of all the people I meet instantly think of this song and think its so clever of them to sing a few bars to me. If anything makes me want to kill someone, its hearing this for so many years. Ironically, I kinda like the song.

JaBlue
12-03-2005, 08:19 PM
I have never heard of this song, but I was visitting my dad and his brothers and sisters and they were talking about their childhood and they remember singing songs and a similar one went:

Ringo rango jing-a-jon-jango...

what's this one called?

edtost
12-03-2005, 08:23 PM
i used to hear it on the radio around christmas time constantly.

tonypaladino
12-03-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course. also, remember that song about the mouse and the cheese or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pepino the christmas mouse?

Cancer Merchant
12-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Never heard of it. Anyone have a link?

That reminds me, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer should be entering heavy rotation about now. Ugh.

fluxrad
12-03-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So...tempting...want to...mention...poker...must stop myself...

Dominic
12-03-2005, 09:13 PM
only about half the people i have ever met have either sung "Dominic the Donkey" or that "Dominque-a-nique-a-nique" song at me. So I never get tired of hearing it.

Emmitt2222
12-03-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chrissy the Christmas Mouse

youtalkfunny
12-03-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another one I haven't heard in 20 years.

"Pepino, oh you little mouse,
Oh won't you go away
Find yourself another house
to run around and play

You scare my girls
You eat my cheese
You even drink my wine
I try so hard to catch you
But you trick me all the time"

Lou Monte! He may have done a Christmas one with Pepino (sounds vaguely familiar), but it wasn't on his Greatest Hits album, so my parents didn't play it 700 times a day.

As far as Dominic the Donkey goes, WCCM (800 on your AM dial) in Lawrence, MA, used to play it a lot at Christmas time, back when Lawrence had a large Italian-American population. Lawrence has changed a lot in 20 years. It's still an immigrant town--only now it's Latino instead of Western Euro.

They don't play it any more, so I never hear it any more.

Mars357
12-04-2005, 12:07 AM
my 2 year old daughter LOVES this song. It's very easy to find on limewire.

Great tune. Christmas wouldn't be the same around our house without it. Nothing more cute than my daughter trying to make the donkey noises as she sings along.