PDA

View Full Version : KJ Flops two pair, Ugly River Decision

AL5AcE
12-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Villan has been known to take stabs at pots otherwise reasonable. On a previous hand it's been checked twice to him on the button and I CRed him off the hand on the turn.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

What do you guys think?

milesdyson
12-03-2005, 07:01 PM
3-betting the turn is probably close. surely he'd reraise AA/KK/JJ/AK preflop, yes? and would he coldcall A2? you're behind 9 combos of AJ and 3 of 22.

the fact that you say he will take random stabs at pots make me want to just call the turn and check call the river, though. and yeah of course the river is terrible. i don't think he's following through on a bluff here often enough to make calling +EV. now if he has a K it's a split pot anyway.

so i say nh sir.

12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I think I'd probably pay off here, but it may be a leak. Given that you didn't 3-bet that turn, he knows the river didn't help you. Perfect place to stab again. I know I would, but I'm a lagtard sometimes.

admiralfluff
12-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Any reads on villain's looseness? If he's at all LAGgish I like a turn 3-bet, after which the river would suck even more. Good river play.