PDA

View Full Version : horrible river bet???

12-03-2005, 06:55 PM
MP is the normal loose passive calling station

6handed .5/1

Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop:
UTG folds, 3 calls, SB completes, hero checks

Flop:5 SB
4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, hero bets, MP calls, 3 fold

Turn:3.5 BB
8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
hero bets, MP calls

River: 5.5 BB
K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero bets

I don't like this bet at all. I cannot see anything good coming from it, but can I really just let this get checked through? I don't think MP will ever bet a hand I beat, but I think he might call some hands that I beat.

milesdyson
12-03-2005, 06:58 PM
well he doesnt have an 8 often, you beat any other 6, and he could have a 4. the river did complete the flush draw, but there are many more 4/6 pair hands than there are flush draws.

nice bet. easy fold to a raise. the other option is check/fold.

imported_leader
12-03-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP is the normal loose passive calling station

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/fold then. He's not bluffing you. If you check he'll just check though things that you beat and bet things that you don't. If you don't think you're good 1 in 5 times, I would just check/fold.

Digs
12-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Easy bet on the river, you get shown 22,33,55,77 a decent bit here, and sometimes crap hands containing a worse six or a 4.

Easy fold to a raise too~

kross
12-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Is it normal to bet 2nd pair into 5 opponents? Especially when that pair is a pair of sixes? Vulnerable to many many overcards. Even if no one has an 8, they could have a PP higher than a 6. Many people don't raise with medium PP's.

Just wondering...

Peter Harris
12-04-2005, 09:19 AM
i think the flop bet and turn bet are fine; I prefer check-call to bet-fold or bet-call.

EDIT: I put this before i saw "LP calling station" - yes bet-fold is best. thats what i get for staying up late.