PDA

View Full Version : KQs - Questionable every street

12-03-2005, 06:50 PM
MP/CO/button are very loose. I think button is tilting.
How do you play this?

Converter is messed up.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

I bet, mp calls, co call, button raises, i three bet, everyone calls, button is allin.

River: (25.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

I check, MP bets, co raises, i fold.

milesdyson
12-03-2005, 06:54 PM
why bet the flop? why bet/3-bet the turn?

12-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I bet the flop because i have top pair vs calling stations and a tilted button. I bet/three bet the turn because i have tp and a flush draw. Would you c/r the flop/turn, just call down?

imported_leader
12-03-2005, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't lead the flop, but if I did, I would cap it

12-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Leader,

Why wouldnt you lead the flop? Given how i played it, why would you cap? I'm really interested in this, because it seems both you and Miles play this differently which means i'm wondering if i'm playing this correctly.

Redd
12-03-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

Why wouldnt you lead the flop? Given how i played it, why would you cap? I'm really interested in this, because it seems both you and Miles play this differently which means i'm wondering if i'm playing this correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I agree with a cap myself, but this looks like a good spot to check with the intent of raising the pfr for protection and value.

imported_leader
12-03-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there's a ton of difference between lead and CR since you have a tilting BT. I would definately cap though. A bad player on tilt could have anything. CO doesn't have you beat often here.

12-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Redd,

My thinking must be way off because the only draws on this board are flush draws and if i check so i can check/raise they still have odds to call. If i bet, they call and PRF raises which is what i thought would happen, i get three bets in. I had planned on c/r the turn to a non heart, the diamond (IMO) means i want everyone in not out. Am i way off here?

damaniac
12-03-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there's a ton of difference between lead and CR since you have a tilting BT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You c/r to push out MP/CO. Granted this is close to a WA/WB type of flop but we're very multiway and the pot is very large so we're getting to the point where we'd like to get a lot of hands, even those drawing relatively slim, out.

12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Leader,

I think i agree with the cap in hindsight.

Damaniac,

Given the players whichs draws do i want out that are folding to a check-raise here?

Redd
12-03-2005, 08:12 PM
You'll still have an equity edge over flush draws at this point, so you still want as many bets going in as possible against them even though they will still call. I still would rather check-raise than bet-3bet for two reasons:

1) We can't be sure if tilty will raise with air if the action goes bet-call-call-tilty?. We're almost guaranteed at least two bets in if we let tilty lead out.

2) The pot is so large at this point almost every hand can profitably call our first single bet. There's many hands that we don't want those guys trapped between us to call getting correct odds, including any ace [3 outs], any k-x [3 outs], any lower pair [5 outs], and even pockets are probably getting implied odds to stay in here. If we check-raise and face the two guys in the middle with lower odds, they're forced to abandon their equity in the pot or make an unprofitable call, either of which is more attractive to us than giving them like 16-17:1 odds.