PDA

View Full Version : AT bubble play

12-03-2005, 06:05 PM
not much info on the bigstack, he got most of his chips through PF all ins, the one pot i played against him i had AQ he had 77 flop QK7 all spades he checks flop makes value bet on river when Q hits, i lose (relatively) small pot... what hands is he raising with here/ should i have raised preflop / should i check that flop? / was i right to give up on that turn? /

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t5650)
Button (t1771)
Hero (t3587)
BB (t2492)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t300) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t700</font>, Hero calls t400.

Turn: (t1700) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t600</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2300

bluefeet
12-03-2005, 07:36 PM
An hour+ without a reply? Bah! How bad can it be?

Setup: You are fixin to tangle w/big stack. You are very handsomely stacked yourself. The blinds, other stack sizes and such do not warrant a huge amount of risk here.

Two ways to approach PF (keeping in mind who we're dealing with).

#1:
- If I limp &amp; whiff...hand over
- If I limp &amp; hit TP, how do I proceed?
-- represent, call a raise, hoping he's nice? Don't like so much OOP
-- represent, fold to a raise? Better
-- check-call, hoping a) an overcard doesn't fall &amp; b) he's nice? Blah
-- check-raise, fold to a reraise? Could be perfect...depending on the strength of his lead &amp; the opponent

#2:
If I 2.5-3x &amp; he folds...hand over
If I 2.5-3x &amp; he reraises...hand over
If I 2.5-3x and he calls, how do I proceed?
-- If I hit, fire something close to pot?
-- If I miss, c-b? c-f?

#2 sucks a bit. Read or not, with his stack &amp; position, I don't know if you are getting the fold PF enough to make up for the times we miss and maybe spew more on a c-b OOP.

#1 is a safer/more prudent line IMO. With the number of cards that will shut you down on the flop I also don't like playing too passive on this flop. C-r'ing is an option against the right opponent. But a more expensive one when he pushes over (and we fold of course), and getting increasingly more difficult when he just calls your c-r.

I think your lead line was fine (though maybe just a tad too much...meh). Calling was a mistake IMO. 1) you rightfully so can't afford to communicate the strength of your hand by reraising(assuming we might be ahead), and 2)...as a result we have no way to slow him down on the turn, short of a desperation blocking lead.

I think you lead t250 on this flop, check-fold the turn with a call, fold to his raise.