PDA

View Full Version : Checkraise for value... now what?

tpir90036
12-03-2005, 06:00 PM
7-handed on-line 15/30 game. UTG raises, two cold-callers and I call in the BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, UTG bets, both LP players call, I check-raise, all call.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I ???

wheelz
12-03-2005, 06:00 PM
bet for value /images/graemlins/smile.gif having the best hand is still a possibility, and not a problem if you get raised.

tpir90036
12-03-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet for value /images/graemlins/smile.gif having the best hand is still a possibility, and not a problem if you get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, let's just say for example that I did this and got called by UTG and then the river blanks too. Check/fold?

wheelz
12-03-2005, 06:19 PM
check/call. really drawy board, he hasn't shown much aggression, i'd induce a bluff. i think you'll be getting something like 11:1 on the river, no way do i let this go for one bet.

Dazarath
12-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Any reads or stats on UTG? If he's an unknown, my standard line would probably be to bet this turn. If called by UTG or any of the LP guys, I'd probably check/call a bet from UTG (not overcall) and check/fold to a bet from one of the guys in LP. If UTG has a T or an overpair, he'd most likely let you know on the flop or the turn. As is, he seems to only be drawing with overcards at the moment.

Entity
12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Definitely bet the turn. Depending on callers and how the turn plays out I might check-call to induce or simply bet for value on the river.

Rob

DcifrThs
12-03-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, let's just say for example that I did this and got called by UTG and then the river blanks too. Check/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) bet this turn and i dont think its close imo. look at the positin of UTG. UTG is drawing. he could have limited the field by 3betting the flop. if he waited for the turn, good for him, and you still have equity. checking and letting an A/K/Q hit if it checks around isn't the best idea imo. its possible if you bet and get raised also that the others call increasing your odds (but decreasing the value of your draws).

b) if you bet and get called UTG has exactly two overcards a good deal of the time. if UTG calls and the others fold and its heads up at the river and it blanks off i either check call or bet. AK will look you up here thinking its a missed draw so id lean towrads betting...w/o getting any resistance after your flop C'R i can't see you having the worst hand. in fact, i think THEY are drawing.

DO NOT CHECK FOLDL THIS BLANK RIVER

Barron

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 11:00 PM
definitely bet the turn your hand could easily be ahead and when its not you have a tremendous draw.

bet the river for value but a checkcall against some opponents is good too.

chief444
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Turn seems like a definite bet.

As for a blank river HU...I'm normally betting. UTG is on overcards pretty often when he neither 3-bets the flop nor raises the turn. I don't see how you can check/fold here. If he's on the passive side you could bet/fold. If he's on the aggressive side for reasons I gave above it's a value bet every time.

tpir90036
12-05-2005, 12:39 AM
i did in fact bet the turn and got two callers. i checked the river (it was something low that made some straights possible) with the intention of calling one bet from UTG but folded when LP raised.

i was pretty sure betting the turn was right but the other 99 bets i lost wanted to hear it from you guys /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thanks for the responses,
joey