PDA

View Full Version : Two Plus Two Forces Pope's Hand

David Sklansky
12-03-2005, 04:37 PM
It can't be just a coincidence that the recent debate on this forum between Peter666 and other Catholics like BluffTHIS and RJT, regarding unbaptized babies, occurred just before the Pope declared the non existence of limbo. Obviously two plus twoers insistence on consistent thought when analysing any situation made it incumbant on the Pope to come to the aid of his his buddies.

BluffTHIS!
12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Well the Holy Father has expressed that view on limbo as much as 20 years ago, but I think you might be right that we tipped the scales. More proof of the worthiness of your idea that 2+2 should take the initiative in the political arena like on the death penalty.

But as a hint, you know that that 5 or 6 degrees of separation theory regarding the max number of relationships between any 2 people on earth. Between myself and the Holy Father there are only 3 people, and each relationship is one of family ties or close personal friendship.

ZeeJustin
12-03-2005, 06:47 PM
The pope reads 2+2. I believe he posts under the name "Daryn".

tek
12-03-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But as a hint, you know that that 5 or 6 degrees of separation theory regarding the max number of relationships between any 2 people on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

So some rice farmer in China knows a few people in between you and him /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Doubt it.

BluffTHIS!
12-03-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But as a hint, you know that that 5 or 6 degrees of separation theory regarding the max number of relationships between any 2 people on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

So some rice farmer in China knows a few people in between you and him /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I have friends in the US who are native born Chinese, you shouldn't doubt it.

tolbiny
12-03-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually in an effort to perseve his reputation of infallibility the Pope posts under the name "Daryn is right".
i am unsure who this daryn character is, but he both scares and inspires me.

Cyrus
12-04-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] No, it's istewart.

(And John Paul was pockerjoe, no?)

Peter666
12-04-2005, 02:40 AM
Pope John Paul II was to Catholic Popes what Ken Warren is to Poker books: you see him everywhere, and his writings are full of crap.

Ratzinger (Pope Benedict) is JP II light. I will have to see how his papacy runs its course, but I am thinking of an analogy to Mike Caro with his recent psychology position.

BluffTHIS!
12-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Man aren't we so lucky to have you and your 4 bishops and 50 priests as our watchdogs. Actually what I am reminded of by your comments is the McCarthy spy hunts of the 50s. Always seeing a treasonous statement in every nuance and gesture.

Landon_McFly
12-04-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I have friends in the US who are native born Chinese, you shouldn't doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a betting man?

BTW... what's the population of China?

Stu Pidasso
12-04-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man aren't we so lucky to have you and your 4 bishops and 50 priests as our watchdogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSPX isn't the only Traditional Catholic group. If you look you will find more traditional catholic bishops and many more traditional catholic priests.

Stu

tek
12-04-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying if you pick some random rice paddy farmer the 6 degree idea will not work. Too many people. the 6 degree idea sounds good, but just like religion, it can not be proven.

Just my opinion.

Bigdaddydvo
12-04-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pope John Paul II was to Catholic Popes what Ken Warren is to Poker books: you see him everywhere, and his writings are full of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I couldn't disagree with you more, this statement made me laugh out loud.

Peter666
12-04-2005, 03:32 PM
This is true. Any sincere Catholic can sense that there is something strange going on in the Church these days, and an educated one can see the contradictions and the crisis for what it is.

BluffTHIS is trying to avoid the actual controversial issues of modernism by claiming "McCarthyism" and making attacks on one group such as the SSPX.

Of course, following his reasoning, he would have condemned St. Athanasius as well. That was a situation where only 5 bishops in the entire Catholic Church maintained the Faith against the rest of the Arian bishops and a weak Pope who "excommunicated" Athanasius.