PDA

View Full Version : Blinds Battle, QQ

GrunchCan
12-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Don't really know much about this opponent. I have a feeling he isn't a total idiot, but nothing concrete yet.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP ($15.70)
CO ($56.25)
Button ($31.20)
SB ($104.55)
Hero ($56.70)
UTG ($49.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Flop: ($18) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $47.7 (all-in)</font>...

I was thinking a few things here.

Preflop, I considered a 3-bet push. The intent would have been to end the hand. I decided to just call becauce I wanted to play a small pot.

On the flop, I considered just calling down but I didn't want to see a turn A or K. Regardless, I'm thinkning now that I should have just called down rather than push.

Final Pot: $72.70

4_2_it
12-03-2005, 04:40 PM
I have no problem with getting it in on the flop. HU, your hand is a monster and that is a good flop for you.

edit - This is one of few places that I will push pre-flop with QQ. Your re-raise might be viewed as a steal of his attempted steal, so the fact that he did not 3-bet all-in would make me strongly consider a 4-bet push.

orange
12-03-2005, 04:42 PM
This is fine. Nice hand.

Godfather80
12-03-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't really know much about this opponent. I have a feeling he isn't a total idiot, but nothing concrete yet.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP ($15.70)
CO ($56.25)
Button ($31.20)
SB ($104.55)
Hero ($56.70)
UTG ($49.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Flop: ($18) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $47.7 (all-in)</font>...

I was thinking a few things here.

Preflop, I considered a 3-bet push. The intent would have been to end the hand. I decided to just call becauce I wanted to play a small pot.

On the flop, I considered just calling down but I didn't want to see a turn A or K. Regardless, I'm thinkning now that I should have just called down rather than push.

Final Pot: $72.70

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played this great. I don't think a call on this flop is in order because: the pot would have been $34 and you would have had $40 behind. If an A or K were to come on the turn, you've got to let it go. If the turn blanks, I think you are unlikely to get enough more out of villain to make up for the 6 free outs you gave him.

Well played as played.

beset7
12-03-2005, 04:50 PM
What do not total idiots bet/raise with out of the SB that you want to get AI with? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GrunchCan
12-03-2005, 04:52 PM
AK or an underpair.

4_2_it
12-03-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do not total idiots bet/raise with out of the SB that you want to get AI with? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level, villian's range is wide. Any pp, AK-A9, maybe Ax sooted, KQ,KJ,QJ.

beset7
12-03-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about this one. I'd expect raise/call preflop with 22-99. Maybe TT 3-bets. Maybe I'm W/T but I'm thinking TT+, AKo, AKs after a bet/3-bet versus a non-donk (assuming that means tight aggressive or smart loose aggressive). Versus this range it's basically EV neutral if you are rooting for a call.

Board: Js 6h 6s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 49.5574 % 48.30% 01.26% { QcQd }
Hand 2: 50.4426 % 49.19% 01.26% { TT+, AKs, AKo }

If you think he's calling with underpairs then of course its a good move.

beset7
12-03-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

At this level, villian's range is wide. Any pp, AK-A9, maybe Ax sooted, KQ,KJ,QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but i guess my question is what he is calling the push with.

If his range is that wide preflop with a bet/3-bet I think you are missing value by pushing the flop.

Just because I'm in an equity kind of mood:

Board: Js 6h 6s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 71.2861 % 70.86% 00.42% { QcQd }
Hand 2: 28.7139 % 28.29% 00.42% { 77+, A8s+, KJs+, QJs, AJo+, KJo+, QJo }

Godfather80
12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If his range is that wide preflop with a bet/3-bet I think you are missing value by pushing the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beset, do you just call on the flop? Do you think hands in villains will catch up enough to make second best hands often enough to offset the times that they overtake hero's hand? I don't see it, but I'm open to broadening my understanding of this situation.

GrunchCan
12-03-2005, 05:07 PM
My feeling based on experience in general -- not a specific read -- is that an underpair will call if he puts me on a whiffed over or a bluff. I think this happens frequently. They are thinking I'm trying to steal, and they will call with any made hand.

beset7
12-03-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beset, do you just call on the flop? Do you think hands in villains will catch up enough to make second best hands often enough to offset the times that they overtake hero's hand? I don't see it, but I'm open to broadening my understanding of this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I think just calling is probably FPS and the risk/reward there is not good. The best case scenario is that he keeps missing and betting and you call him down and win. Against the range I'd give a SB who bets/raise in my games any hand that he makes is going to be better then mine.

But I'd consider raising the flop enough so that calling with AK, AJ, underpairs, etc is wrong but tempting in a blind battle situation. Grunch is saying that villain will often call a push with underpairs or missed overcards. If that's the case this line looks pretty good. But I want my opponents to make a mistake by calling or raising when behind. My experience would be that I have too much FE agaginst the hands that I want to call (AK, AJ, 99-TT) that pushing is value missed. I'd make it 18-25 to go and call a push.

Godfather80
12-03-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I think just calling is probably FPS and the risk/reward there is not good. The best case scenario is that he keeps missing and betting and you call him down and win. Against the range I'd give a SB who bets/raise in my games any hand that he makes is going to be better then mine.

But I'd consider raising the flop enough so that calling with AK, AJ, underpairs, etc is wrong but tempting in a blind battle situation. Grunch is saying that villain will often call a push with underpairs or missed overcards. If that's the case this line looks pretty good. But I want my opponents to make a mistake by calling or raising when behind. My experience would be that I have too much FE agaginst the hands that I want to call (AK, AJ, 99-TT) that pushing is value missed. I'd make it 18-25 to go and call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I follow you. What does FPS mean?

beset7
12-03-2005, 05:17 PM
fancy play syndrome

Godfather80
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fancy play syndrome

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.