PDA

View Full Version : 200/400 bellagio hand 4

bicyclekick
12-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Dunno that this one is particularily interesting either but I'm trying to find hands where at least something happened.

6 handed 200/400. I'm up a couple thousand and playing well and havne't done anything out of line.

There are 2 villains in the hand. the button is a ABC too honest player who I've played perhaps 12 hours with total and I've never seen him 3 bet light. He calls stuff like KJs etc.

The blind is a guy who sat down about an orbit ago and nothing has happened yet. He appears kinda snug.

I raise QJo in the hijack, button 3 bets bb calls 2 cold, I call (i was planning to fold if nobody else called)

Flop T/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif I have no spades.

Checked to the button who bets, bb c/r, I check 3 bet, button folds, bb calls.

Turn K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

he checks, i bet, he c/r I 3 bet he 4 bets, I 5 bet he 6 bets, I 7 bet, he 8 bets, I call.

La Brujita
12-03-2005, 04:35 PM
This one is interesting I think. I am curious how many bets other people put in before they put him on exactly QJs. I would go either 5 or 7 on turn I think.

PokerBob
12-03-2005, 04:35 PM
seems fine, as you could be getting free-rolled.

DcifrThs
12-03-2005, 04:48 PM
there is a lower straight possibility but damn id hate to get it all in (or a lot of money in there) when he's got a free roll...would a snug guy call 2 cold in there w/ J8? QJss seems like his most likely hand.

hard to say when to stop raising with the nuts on when you could posibly be giving away just over 20% of each bet (assuming we know his cards) that goes in and not making any.

where's the critical point? i haven't played live enough to say.between 6 and MAYBE ten id say depending on the player...if he's snug i may just call the 6 bet and continue the raising war on the river the 80% of the time a non spade falls (no way he has a set imo).

Barron

skp
12-03-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dunno that this one is particularily interesting either but I'm trying to find hands where at least something happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
he 8 bets, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say "mission accomplished."

How do you guys run into situations so "often" where more than 5 bets are going in on a round of betting. I could probably count the number of times this has happened to me on one hand. Here, I wouldn't have put in your 7th bet. A 5th bet is fine given that you 3 bet on the flop which should tell the other guy that you don't have QJ.

stillbr
12-03-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise QJo in the hijack, button 3 bets bb calls 2 cold, I call (i was planning to fold if nobody else called)

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing somthing here? You were planning on folding for one sb preflop after raising if no one else called? Am I reading this wrong?

DcifrThs
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
i assumed it was a misprint or check fold flop or something...or a joke

Barron

12-03-2005, 06:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing. You said he doesn't 3-bet light but AK is still his most likely hand.

Paluka
12-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Does everyone like 3 betting this flop? I'm not so sure I do. What were you doing on the turn if a blank fell? How about if you paired up?

bugstud
12-03-2005, 07:05 PM
well, how narrow would his range here be if he coldcalls 2?

daryn
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
i would have probably called the 6th bet. the way you describe the player, you could be in bad shape.

[ QUOTE ]
I call (i was planning to fold if nobody else called)

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like that, though

Paluka
12-03-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I considered that. But, you do have the straight draw rather than the flush draw, so that helps a little. Also, 3 betting to disguise our hand means we have to bet the turn to keep up the charade, and it really blows when we get checkraised. Another advantage of just calling the 3 bet is maybe the button will peel now with AK, and now your odds are improved and his K isn't any good anyway.

goofball
12-03-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Narrow, but depending on some things if he coldcalls two and the card comes it might let him steal the pot.

daryn
12-03-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone like 3 betting this flop? I'm not so sure I do. What were you doing on the turn if a blank fell? How about if you paired up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it a lot. flop bets are cheap! check 3 bet looks so strong, disguises your hand and hopefully knocks the button out. could clean up some outs to boot.

bicyclekick
12-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Nah I don't really want to play QJo vs that guys raise. I'll let him have it. Next hand. Maybe I'm completely wrong in folding. Eh. It doesn't come up that much and I'm almost positive that guy isn't going to adjust. He's just not that type of player. He actualy said it was frustrating him a little too haha. Maybe I'm just a sick retard.

I think I also just get off a little when the confusion ensues when the dealer mucks all the cards and starts washing them and a few players are like wtf just happened lol.

surfdoc
12-04-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah I don't really want to play QJo vs that guys raise. I'll let him have it. Next hand. Maybe I'm completely wrong in folding. Eh. It doesn't come up that much and I'm almost positive that guy isn't going to adjust. He's just not that type of player. He actualy said it was frustrating him a little too haha. Maybe I'm just a sick retard.

I think I also just get off a little when the confusion ensues when the dealer mucks all the cards and starts washing them and a few players are like wtf just happened lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever hire Tommy? I think he is the only one who would ever fold this preflop for one more getting 6.5:1. I have a really hard time believing that guys playing in this game can't make note of this type of thing preflop. Here is why folding is bad, although I am still doubting that you are serious. I gave the guy a very narrow range.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 74.6411 % 74.29% 00.35% { JJ+, AQs+, AKo }
Hand 2: 25.3589 % 25.01% 00.35% { QJo }

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever hire Tommy? I think he is the only one who would ever fold this preflop for one more getting 6.5:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't neccessarily make it right, but I've done it before.

As the hand played out, I think 6 or 8 bets on the turn is fine, though I couldn't resist raising a blank river just in case.

thirddan
12-04-2005, 01:30 AM
"though I couldn't resist raising a blank river just in case."

serious question...why wouldn't you raise a blank on the river?

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"though I couldn't resist raising a blank river just in case."

serious question...why wouldn't you raise a blank on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

did i say i wouldn't?

thirddan
12-04-2005, 02:16 AM
you didn't say you wouldn't, but you made it seem like it wasn't automatic...how many bets you going on a blank river?

12-04-2005, 03:01 AM
??? I don't get it.

If the river is a total blank, why wouldn't you raise? You have the nuts..

thirddan
12-04-2005, 03:17 AM
bleh, it was a semantics misinterpretation based on CDCs comment...

ggbman
12-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Folding pre-flop to the three bet is kinda nuts getting 6.5 to one, so just dont ever think think about that again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The turn call is fine, pump a blank river until you are all in.

billyjex
12-04-2005, 07:26 AM
isn't folding a 3-bet preflop metagame suicide here? even if he is a very predictable, tight player, he's gotta have some smarts to realize you give his reraises a lot of credit and he can abuse that.

eviljeff
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
though I couldn't resist raising a blank river just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

resist what?

NLSoldier
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I occasionally like folding to the pf 3bet for the reasons you stated. Especially cuz of how pwned they feel if they have sticks.

flawless_victory
12-04-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Especially cuz of how pwned they feel if they have sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]
sticks?
isnt that what they call two sevens?

NLSoldier
12-04-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Especially cuz of how pwned they feel if they have sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]
sticks?
isnt that what they call two sevens?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, thats what we call aces back in MN.

roy_miami
12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
What happened on the river?

bicyclekick
12-06-2005, 12:20 AM
river was an offsuit 4 he bet, I raised, he called and showed pocket kings. Woops for him.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif