PDA

View Full Version : AJo from ameristar

DcifrThs
12-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I'll post this hand on behalf of a guy i met at ameristar who reads these boards but doesn't post. 20/40 limit, young looking college guy in striped button down shirt raises in early position 3 or 4 callers to villian in the sb who is a self proclaimed poker great, but he does interesting things occasionally. he calls. (i think i may have the action wrong and i feel like it mighta either been 3 bet or hero 3bet a loose raiser but either way it was a fairly sizable pot and villian was OOP.

flop comes 733rb checked to hero who bets and he gets two callers villian check raises.

action?

Barron

mscags
12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Ummm....what ar the hole cards, or are we not supposed to know?

bobbyi
12-03-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ummm....what ar the hole cards, or are we not supposed to know?

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the title of the hand.

DcifrThs
12-03-2005, 08:51 PM
is nobody responding to this b/c its too easy? its too stupid of a question? or its difficult and close?

at the time of the c'r i thought to myself, hmmm, if i was james (the college guy), id put alex on a 3 myself. but knowing alex a bit better than james does i know that alex is capable of moving up one level and c'r a pair here like 7s,88, maybe even 66 or down to 22 to make his hand look stronger than it is and get tight players to fold overcards to his pair (this doesn't work very well against people who've seen him do this before but its still very effective when it does work) when it looks like the overcards are drawing super slim.

if i had KQ in this spot, given the size of the pot i would 3bet alex here a good deal of the time and try to fold out some of the rif raf...id also do it w/ AK. thing is, w/ AK, you have a better hand (still worse than alex's though) but you may share the A with him. if i had to choose, id like to have KQ there rather than AK.

anyways, i think it was interesting even though nobody here does.

Barron

PokerBob
12-03-2005, 09:12 PM
call the flop c/r and fold the turn UI.

12-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah that is me, I too probably should have called, I actually have played with Alex many times, and would have normally called if it was HU or 3 way, but there were two cold callers to my left who could have had ANYTHING, since this game is anything but tight. AJ is tough here, cause I at best was probably drawing to 3 outs, and unfortuanetly I hit it.

The other hand I wanted to ask you about is the hand where I had A7 and flop went 775 or something like that, after that crazy guy to your right raised preflop, with mostly anything(and couldnt fold knowing he was beat) that I went 3 bets with him on both the turn and the river. when he hit his tens full on the turn. Did I play that right or should have called the river saving 2 bets?

DcifrThs
12-03-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that is me, I too probably should have called, I actually have played with Alex many times, and would have normally called if it was HU or 3 way, but there were two cold callers to my left who could have had ANYTHING, since this game is anything but tight. AJ is tough here, cause I at best was probably drawing to 3 outs, and unfortuanetly I hit it.

The other hand I wanted to ask you about is the hand where I had A7 and flop went 775 or something like that, after that crazy guy to your right raised preflop, with mostly anything(and couldnt fold knowing he was beat) that I went 3 bets with him on both the turn and the river. when he hit his tens full on the turn. Did I play that right or should have called the river saving 2 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

post the hand and the action. i dont remember it exactly.

and welcome to the boards james

Barron