PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on 10 handed table

orange
12-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Ok, I almost always just play homegames shorthanded. What hands should I be playing in 10 full and what positions online?

I've been raising AJ UTG and such, and limping with KQ in MP. In 6-max, these are both easy raises.

This is for 25NL, so hopefully that helps. I have been limping most PPs. How about hands like A10o in the CO with 2 limpers? Whats the play?

Does anyone call QQ all-in PF here? All these questions refer to no reads, as I am bored am surfing 2+2 while playing.

Edit: should I also be raising A4o, and other weak aces on the button or in the CO? I got owned one hand where I did this.

12-03-2005, 01:57 PM
The ten handed starting hand chart that I pedantically adhere to says to call ATo with limpers in mp. I'm an uber-noob tho. I only play 10 handed online because I as of now do not have the skill to extract value from marginal situations.

Hope this helps, you should outline some of the big advantages to online poker in the most responsible and mature fashion you can to your parents. It worked with mine although mine doesn't give me money. But my mother watched her first husband lose a small forutne and still was more or less ok with me playing because of my lucid explanation of my playing style being risk averse.

Cambraceres

meleader2
12-03-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I almost always just play homegames shorthanded. What hands should I be playing in 10 full and what positions online?

I've been raising AJ UTG and such, and limping with KQ in MP. In 6-max, these are both easy raises.

This is for 25NL, so hopefully that helps. I have been limping most PPs. How about hands like A10o in the CO with 2 limpers? Whats the play?

Does anyone call QQ all-in PF here? All these questions refer to no reads, as I am bored am surfing 2+2 while playing.

Edit: should I also be raising A4o, and other weak aces on the button or in the CO? I got owned one hand where I did this.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa. 6 max and 10 handed are 2 completely different worlds. with no reads and equal stack sizes, QQ fold painfully. A4o never, don't care what position. AJo sometimes, but no reads never. everything is read dependent and stack size dependent. some people say never limp with 44-22 EP but i always do. keep in mind the 7/10 rule for this. if you raise remember to continuation bet even if u miss if it is HU for 2/3 pot. never continuation bet >= 2 people in pot.

i think that's all off the top of my head!

meleader2
12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
also, LP limp with A5s-A2s, we're looking for a lot of people limping here not 2 or 3. 5 or 6 oh man that's gold. we're looking for a 4 flush flop and SOMETIMES a str8 draw. depending on bet size to chase play accordingly.

orange
12-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok, thanks. How about the SB? Alot of limpers to me, I hold A7o, I ..?

meleader2
12-03-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah now this i like to complete. but you're not looking for an ace really, i like 7xx or A7x or x77. a naked ace is OK if not a lot of people, but a lot of limpers you're probably toasted. once again though, this is table dependent in that case. if tight table you can take it down but also you might be looked up by AJ from LP/MP.

beset7
12-03-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

insta-muck

orange
12-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Ok, thanks guys. In 6-max, I don't mind limping/completing this. But then again, homegames are different than partypoker.

BobboFitos
12-03-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about hands like A10o in the CO with 2 limpers? Whats the play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally raise the pot with ATo in the Co to limpers, although overlimping and folding are both fine and possibly better.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately this is pretty read oriented. In shorthanded I'm never happy about getting 100bbs in with QQ, but I will. It really doesm atter on your opponent, and barring a read at smallish stakes, throw QQ away. That said sometimes it's ok to let it ride...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean when it's folded to you? If so, sure, go for it. If there are limpers, I fold.