PDA

View Full Version : 99-QQ in position vs. a solid player

el_grande
12-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Wondering what your normal line is in this situation.

Example: Solid player (SOLID) is in UTG+1 or MP1, Blinds are 1/2.

SOLID open-raises to 6. You have QQ-99. You call in this spot. Headsup to the flop - pot is 15.

Flop is undercards to your PP - say 862. SOLID bets 10.

What is your line here? I think I minraise. If reraised, I fold. If called and checked to on turn I make a bet that will fold overcards. I think I do this even if an A comes on the turn, but I'm not sure.

How do you handle this situation?

12-03-2005, 02:22 PM
What hand range are you putting SOLID on? What are the game conditions?

Reef
12-03-2005, 02:34 PM
I think a 3x flop raise is better because many overcards will call the min raise. Don't wanna be forced to build a ginormous pot when you don't know if you're dominated or not. I think checking an A turn is best.

Also, vs. a solid player, expect to be 3 bet w/ air maybe 15% of the time, give or take 10%.

12-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Why a minraise? either call or reraise, maybe just a call if board is 2 to the flush, an A turn would confuse me as I am easily confused.

Cambraceres

12-03-2005, 02:39 PM
no wait, he raised earlier broadcasting either suited broadway or a pp, nm the 2 to the flush statment

beset7
12-03-2005, 02:42 PM
If this is 6max then I reraise preflop like 90% of the time. If it's a solid player raising UTG+1 in a full-ring game I show them a bit more respect and I'd just call with 99-JJ but I'd still reraise with QQ. Also, I think min-raising the flop is bad. I usually raise 3/4 pot or so. If they push, I usually fold. If they call I play pot control on the turn and river and try to get to showdown cheap.