PDA

View Full Version : So is 55 good?

Roy6
12-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Opponents are very LP. They don't know anything about hand protection (don't usually bet the flop with TP). Do you bet the turn against 2 of them?
I felt I am easily behind here: kings, higher PP, 67, 78, etc.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (6.00 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.00 BB.

Spicymoose
12-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I think betting the turn is fine. Although the flop doesn't really have too man draws, people still peel with anything. You also are ahead of all 4s and 5s. If you don't bet the turn, you are forced to call a river bet, so might as well just bet the turn.

livinitup0
12-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I think you arent ahead very often, it may be break even EV. I like it. Can't live in fear when checked to. Even if you're behind, you'll make more money in the long run on this play when Ahigh, 22, 33, pay off, and when K-low kicker gets scared and folds that one time out of 5 or so.

Spicymoose
12-03-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you arent ahead very often

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree

[ QUOTE ]
it may be break even EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
Can't live in fear when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, even though this is a pretty general statement.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you're behind, you'll make more money in the long run on this play when Ahigh, 22, 33, pay off

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
K-low kicker gets scared and folds that one time out of 5 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I highly disagree.

12-03-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I highly disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually had one of these at my table today. I played without hud but he must have been around 10/5 preflop and he played fit or fold on the flop. And often he would be bullied out of the best hand by a single CR on the flop. He was so scared that he one time didnt raise me with top two and even checked behind on a dry board on the river. He must have felt stupid when he saw my second pair.

Spicymoose
12-03-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I highly disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually had one of these at my table today. I played without hud but he must have been around 10/5 preflop and he played fit or fold on the flop. And often he would be bullied out of the best hand by a single CR on the flop. He was so scared that he one time didnt raise me with top two and even checked behind on a dry board on the river. He must have felt stupid when he saw my second pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The situations you describe are pretty different from c/calling the flop and c/folding the turn with TPWK when the board isn't even all that scary.