PDA

View Full Version : Got a free turn and a flush draw

Roy6
12-03-2005, 12:58 PM
MP is playing loose but extremely scared/weak. He check-called down top 2 in an unraised pot (flop was monotone).
He folded a lot of flops and rivers.
Button is average player.
The rest is extremely loose and passive.

That said, I hate my turn bet. If the flop was A-hi or at least K-hi, I thing the turn bet would be much better.

On the river, I felt that it can be sometimes right to bet.
Like BB decides to showdown 44, and MP is weak enough not to overcall with a seven. I don't know, it still looks like a weak excuse for betting. I'm a donk.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Spicymoose
12-03-2005, 01:03 PM
I hate the turn bet also. You have extremely little folding equity. Just check and hope for another free card. Furthermore, getting raised would suck. On the river, I have a hard time seeing what you are extracting value from. I would check, and maybe call depending on what happend.