PDA

View Full Version : AA, crappy river

smurfitup
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
hollywood park, good loose game

i've played w/ this villain several times and he will raise or 3-bet any pp from any position pre-flop (see: 22 utg), but his caps always mean something good and he is generally passive post-flop. he likes check-raising his big hands, though, esp. vs me since i'm usually one of the most aggro players at the table.

villain raises utg, i 3-bet a /images/graemlins/heart.gifa /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, sb calls, villain caps, call, call.

flop is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

check, bet, call, call.

turn is q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sb bets, villain raises, i 3 bet, sb folds, villain sighs and calls.

river is k /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villain hesitates and checks, hero...?

12-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Is your read on him at this point that he has Kings full? That and Sevens full are the only hands you need fear considering his call on the turn, but I find it hard to believe he would stop betting with KK there, unless you think he has the discipline to accept that you have AA.

Also, many people would bet out on the river with KK to make sure they got in the one bet.

Lastly, there's a good chance he has AK here. Other possible hands include JJ, AQ, and KQ, all of which you have beat.

All things considered, I think you should bet and call his check raise, if it comes. If he has the Kings or Sevens, it will just have to be his lucky day.

krishanleong
12-03-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

All things considered, I think you should bet and call his check raise, if it comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Krishan