PDA

View Full Version : please don't check raise me again

charlieD
12-03-2005, 07:37 AM
party 30/60 ten handed

folded to me in mp2 with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and i raise, folds to the small blind (23/10/2.2 nothing special) who 3 bets, bb folds and i call.

flop; J /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

small blind bets and i call

turn; Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

small blind checks, i bet, sb raises, i three bet and the sb caps

river; K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sb checks, i???

goofball
12-03-2005, 08:13 AM
that check smells something awful. What turn capping hand is now afraid of that K? None. Check behind.

private joker
12-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Hmmm... there's only one combo of QQ and one combo of JJ. That's all he can logically have that beats you on the turn. I don't think someone with his stats 3-bets 77/66 out of the SB, but maybe he does.

So you're behind 2 potential combos, but ahead of a ton of AA/KK hands plus hands like AKs/ATs which have straight and flush draws -- but who caps the turn on a draw? I think he has AA/KK most of the time on the turn. The river sucks for you if he has KK, so I'm checking behind. Hopefully he has AA.

Guy's probably a 2+2er who wanted a screwplay plus a river sexy. Don't give him the satisfaction. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
I think the check behind is likely the safest play, but at the same time, I could see this same play from the villain with AQ, along with 66, 77, JJ, QQ, KK, and AA (let's rule out KQ and JT of clubs because of his pre-flop three bet). You only have two of those hands beat.

With an aggression factor of 2.2, I don't think you can only put him on a set -- in fact, I really like AQ of spades here.

Still, the check behind seems most appropriate because there are a lot of hands that beat you. If you bet and are check raised, you'd have to consider folding, and that would simply suck.

One thing that would make analyzing this hand easier would be to know what you think his read on you was. If you're a LAG, his preflop three bet range opens up a lot.