PDA

View Full Version : Awesome cooking related thing I learned tonight

gamblore99
12-03-2005, 02:31 AM
My housemate showed me this an hour ago. Buy ground beef, shape into hamburger patties, put on foreman grill add salt. Eat. These burgers are really tasty and great if you are trying to save money as they are really cheap.
Could probably be done with a frying pan too.

whiskeytown
12-03-2005, 02:32 AM
you learned how to fry a hamburger? well done!

next time try garlic salt - adds more kick to your burger - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

12-03-2005, 02:35 AM
i re-read this post 3 times, with my mouth hanging open, in a bout of stupidity, trying to figure out what i was missing.

you learned how to make hamburgers. by using ground beef. and a george foreman lean mean fat reducing grilling machine. and this, to you, is an Awesome cooking related thing worth sharing with OOT.

what's next?

Awesome breakfast related thing I learned today
My roomie showed me this 20 minutes ago. Buy kelloggs frosted mini wheats, pour into a bowl add milk. Eat. This cereal is really tasty and great if you are trying to save money as it is really cheap.
Could probably be done in tupperware too.

jesus christ man. how do you think hamburgers are made?

baffled,
yasher

Edge34
12-03-2005, 02:40 AM
There's gotta be some underlying sarcasm I'm missing here. Wow, burgers.

LondonBroil
12-03-2005, 02:50 AM
ATTN GAY MENZ

jesusarenque
12-03-2005, 02:52 AM

gamblore99
12-03-2005, 03:24 AM
I guess I thought this was really neat because I was taught to make hamburgers from scratch you had to add egg, flour, and spices and ground it all up, furthermore you really needed a BBQ. I also have never until today seen any college/high school friends make hamburgers from scratch, and if they knew this they definitely would.

Escape
12-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Wow, just wow

dblgutshot
12-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Everyone thinks you are retarded but I understand! Its basically when you realize that making stuff isn't really that hard.

mix some of this next time:
http://ensim.advenziacommerce.com/englishexports.co.uk/userdata/product/Lea%20&%20Perrins%20Worcestershire%20Sauce%20290ml .jpg

edfurlong
12-03-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I thought this was really neat because I was taught to make hamburgers from scratch you had to add egg, flour, and spices and ground it all up, furthermore you really needed a BBQ. I also have never until today seen any college/high school friends make hamburgers from scratch, and if they knew this they definitely would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eggs and flour? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tonypaladino
12-03-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, Eggs & Flour in a hamburger???

gamblore99
12-03-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya man. It holds the hamburger together. This is how my mom makes them and they are really good. My big discovery is that they are superfluous ingredients.

edfurlong
12-03-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya man. It holds the hamburger together. This is how my mom makes them and they are really good. My big discovery is that they are superfluous ingredients.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you from? Where is your mom from?

siccjay
12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
I have heard of the eggs and flour thing before. It doesn't effect the taste.

I think the OP is really thrilled to figure out that you can save 50 cents by buying ground beef and shaping your own burger instead of buying them preshaped.

edfurlong
12-03-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard of the eggs and flour thing before. It doesn't effect the taste.

I think the OP is really thrilled to figure out that you can save 50 cents by buying ground beef and shaping your own burger instead of buying them preshaped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't accept that.

fnord_too
12-03-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

next time try garlic salt - adds more kick to your burger - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

That about sums up my thoughts.

vexvelour
12-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Another great thing to add to the hamburger meat before you cook it is grated onion. You can either chop it up real fine or you can use a cheese grater (big hole side). I also like adding in chopped garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs, and a spice called Adobo.

Isura
12-03-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I would also suggest adding yogurt if you are using ground chicken/turkey. It adds a nice zesty taste.

WackityWhiz
12-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Anybody,

ever heard of deep-fat frying a hamburger? Sounds like it would be interesting, but I've never heard of anyone doing it. It might have to be breaded so that it didn't fall apart, but I bet the end result would be pretty good.

gorie
12-03-2005, 12:20 PM
this post is kinda cute.

12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
There used to be a restaurant near my parents' house that did this. Put a ball of hamburger on a stick and bread it and fry it just like a corn dog. Excellent. Sadly, it burned a few years ago, and now the Zesto Burger is but a fond memory.

CORed
12-03-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another great thing to add to the hamburger meat before you cook it is grated onion. You can either chop it up real fine or you can use a cheese grater (big hole side). I also like adding in chopped garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs, and a spice called Adobo.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can mix the chopped onion into the pattys, or you can just fry it along with the burgers and put it on the bun, or both. I have seen burgers made with eggs and flour, but they really aren't necessart. And yes, you can cook them in a frying ban, or in the broiler in the oven, too.