PDA

View Full Version : Blind war

ArturiusX
12-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Villian is a 15/10/3, but only after 65. I hadn't noticed him much before since he hadn't been playing many hands. After this hand, he said 'fu'.

imported_stealthcow
12-03-2005, 12:37 AM
i prefer raising the flop. it masks your hand. fwiw, i'll raise the flop there with any T and K, KT 22, TT, KK and draws as well. if he 3bets, then you can just call him down.

you're getting pretty good odds on a river call but its a pretty clear fold imo

stealthcow-

ArturiusX
12-03-2005, 12:39 AM
I was calling anything but an ace here

imported_leader
12-03-2005, 12:59 AM
I think it's a good fold.

[ QUOTE ]
After this hand, he said 'fu'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are such nice human beings.

12-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Against a 15/10/3 opponent, I'd call this one down and bet if checked to. There are too many hands you beat that he'd push. But I don't fold top pair when defending very often.

ArturiusX
12-03-2005, 02:27 AM
I dont have top pair anymore.

istewart
12-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Maybe I'm really tired but if you think he can 3-bet a diamond draw or a hand like AT on the turn I would think you need to definitely call the river. And as a default you have a pretty effing big hand given the circumstances so I'd like to see a showdown. Explain what I'm missing, if you would.

popeye18
12-03-2005, 03:04 AM
I always like to call these down. I find that even tighties will continue to bet the weirdest hands all the way if u dont show them a reason not to.

12-03-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont have top pair anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has to have an A or a better K &gt;90% of the time for this to be a fold.

adsman
12-03-2005, 03:50 AM
That was probably the worst river card that could have dropped. And it's not scaring him at all. I think this is a good fold.

I love when they write. 'fu'. It means they're on their way to tilt-land.

imported_leader
12-03-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love when they write. 'fu'. It means they're on their way to tilt-land.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find people with villain's type stats are very susceptible to tilt. Probably because they think they're so good, but they are always losing.

deepsquat
12-03-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That was probably the worst river card that could have dropped. And it's not scaring him at all. I think this is a good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain will be betting any and every river after 3betting the turn.

I like this river fold.

Did u consider a pf 3bet?

istewart
12-03-2005, 04:13 AM
Can someone please explain why you guys like the fold (and why you think the river card is so bad - bad enough to fold the river - given his relative range of hands)? Most of you seem adamant about it but I'm still not seeing why. I would almost always call here so if this is a mistake I'd obviously like to know /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

deepsquat
12-03-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please explain why you guys like the fold (and why you think the river card is so bad - bad enough to fold the river - given his relative range of hands)? Most of you seem adamant about it but I'm still not seeing why. I would almost always call here so if this is a mistake I'd obviously like to know /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

although its hard to put villain on a hand, i really cant see what he 3bets the turn with that we beat. Although its hard to fold TP HU to a turn 3bet, its even harder to call this river

istewart
12-03-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

although its hard to put villain on a hand, i really cant see what he 3bets the turn with that we beat. Although its hard to fold TP HU to a turn 3bet, its even harder to call this river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get what the ace changes though... I think if he's 3-betting hands that were improved by the ace often enough that we have to fold the river (based on this range alone) then he is 3-betting worse hands on the turn that force us to call as well. Sure it completes two-pair hands, flush draws and QJ but if he has these why can't he have K8 or QT?

deepsquat
12-03-2005, 04:30 AM
I agree 100%.

A turn fold is prob better than a river fold but that river card is the worst card in the deck probably for hero at makes our unattractive hand look that bit more unattractive.

This hand is just messy by nature. How would u play it?

istewart
12-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Probably would've played it pretty much the same (though raising the flop a good % of the time too) except I would've called the river.