PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest patriot quote ever

05-19-2002, 03:55 PM
I was watching the Cubs-Brewers baseball game on WGN this afternoon. During, the 7th inning stretch, a woman came onto the field and sang "God Bless America". The song was televised.

After she finished the song, the Cubs play-by-play announcer made a stirring patriot statement. He said "Only in America!".

05-19-2002, 06:30 PM
I thought I was going to get an Ashcroft quote. Misleading title on your post. Not in Ashcroft's league, but still pretty bad.

05-19-2002, 09:55 PM

05-19-2002, 10:29 PM
I have heard Carter say some pretty dumb things during Cub games. Looks like Chip has been hanging out with Joe too long.

05-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Don't you get excited when you see a subject like "Dumbest patriot quote ever"? I mean, think of the field! It's like saying, "The most beautiful woman ever!" Wow - think of all the beautiful women you've seen, and then imagine a woman more beautiful than that.

Now, think of all the dumb patriotic quotes you've ever heard. Got 'em? Okay, now visualize the concept of "dumbest patriot quote ever." I get nervous just thinking about the idea.

BTW, I was reading (online) a newspaper from an area in North Carolina that I like to visit. One of the city councilman was quoted as supporting some measure or another because, "We're known as a Christian nation." Then I remembered why I vist, and don't live, there.

Regards, Lee

"How did that First Amendment go, again?"

05-21-2002, 01:30 PM
well, we used to be a christian nation, we used to be a white nation, etc., etc.

send that guy a postcard ' welcome to the 21st century'.

brad