PDA

View Full Version : (22) Fold AK level 4?

golfcchs
12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t1690)
UTG (t1540)
MP (t1020)
CO (t2145)
Button (t745)
SB (t860)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t1500</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2150

Should I fold here? CO has been very tight for a 22 and the mini raise looks pretty suspicious. Also how do you like my reraise size given the read on CO?

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t1690)
UTG (t1540)
MP (t1020)
CO (t2145)
Button (t745)
SB (t860)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t1500</font>, Hero folds.

Should I fold here? CO has been very tight for a 22 and the mini raise looks pretty suspicious. Also how do you like my reraise size given the read on CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer cold-calling behind w/position. Next option...push over. You're committing too much of your stack here - with no way to attack (safely) a whiffed flop. With 2.4k+ now in the pot, you have to call this...hope you win the raise vs. PP&lt;KK (we hope).

Edit: With this - "very tight for a 22 and the mini raise looks pretty suspicious", is your sole purpose to raise here to confirm your suspicion, folding to his raise? Just looking for your thought process - thx.

golfcchs
12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero (t1690)
UTG (t1540)
MP (t1020)
CO (t2145)
Button (t745)
SB (t860)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer cold-calling behind w/position. Next option...push over. You're committing too much of your stack here - with no way to attack (safely) a whiffed flop. With 2.4k+ now in the pot, you have to call this...hope you win the raise vs. PP&lt;KK (we hope).

Edit: With this - "very tight for a 22 and the mini raise looks pretty suspicious", is your sole purpose to raise here to confirm your suspicion, folding to his raise? Just looking for your thought process - thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have position on this guy.

Do you think he default raises mid PP here? I really think he would protect these hands.

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think he default raises mid PP here? I really think he would protect these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry golf, missed that. I still stick to my previous recommendation. I'm just not sure what you're trying to accomplish with the raise. If your hunch is he's not folding (not to mention pushing) - this certainly can't be a 'value' raise, likely only seeing 3 cards here. Pushing isn't bad - calling, c-r'ing AI any A/K...c-f'ing anything else is better IMO. I just don't see any value whatsoever with the raise...more so OOP.

12-02-2005, 11:16 PM
From the BB, I'm calling, checking pretty much any flop, then folding if I whiffed and pushing if I hit TP or better.

golfcchs
12-02-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry golf, missed that. I still stick to my previous recommendation. I'm just not sure what you're trying to accomplish with the raise. If your hunch is he's not folding (not to mention pushing) - this certainly can't be a 'value' raise, likely only seeing 3 cards here. Pushing isn't bad - calling, c-r'ing AI any A/K...c-f'ing anything else is better IMO. I just don't see any value whatsoever with the raise...more so OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I have thought about it I see that the reraise was really bad. I what I wanted to see was did CO really like his hand, and I found out.

What do you think about flat calling and seeing a flop?

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I have thought about it I see that the reraise was really bad. I what I wanted to see was did CO really like his hand, and I found out.

What do you think about flat calling and seeing a flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Check/raise any A/K (open push turn if not given the opportunity), check/fold a whiff.

tigerite
12-03-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm torn between calling and pushing pf. A raise from the CO here looks so much like a steal it's not funny, and we should have an immense amount of FE to get him to fold even as much as 99 here. But on the other hand we're the 2nd stack and he's the only one who can bust us, so call would be safer..

Meh, if he's been raising a lot and generally very active, I shove, otherwise I call, I guess.