PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the nuts, betting out best move?

thwang99
07-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Online 5/10 game. In BB with 88. 2 LP limpers, SB raises, all call to a flop of 88T, two clubs!

PFR checks, I bet out, is this the right choice? I figure people would have me on a T (I was hoping someone would raise me preflop for "info", what do I do then without position? Reraise and get everyone out, or call and check the turn?) or have me on an 8. River was a sweet club. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5/10 TexasHTGameTable -
Table (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Player1 ( $305)
Seat 2: Player2 ( $210)
Seat 3: Player3 ( $395)
Seat 4: Player4 ( $242)
Seat 5: MeMeMe ( $250)
Seat 6: Player6 ( $259)
Seat 7: Player7 ( $90)
Seat 8: Player8 ( $266)
Seat 9: Player9 ( $151)
Seat 10: Player10 ( $190)
Player4 posts small blind (2)
MeMeMe posts big blind (5)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MeMeMe [ 8d, 8s ]
Player6 calls (5)
Player7 folds.
Player8 folds.
Player9 folds.
Player10 folds.
Player1 folds.
Player2 calls (5)
Player3 calls (5)
Player4 raises (8) to 10
Player2: uuuuuuuppppppppppppppp dddddddddooooowwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn
MeMeMe calls (5)
Player6 calls (5)
Player2 calls (5)
Player3 calls (5)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8h, 8c, Tc ]
Player4 checks.
MeMeMe bets (5)
Player6 calls (5)
Player2 folds.
Player3 calls (5)
Player4 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4s ]
MeMeMe bets (10)
Player6 calls (10)
Player3 calls (10)
** Dealing River ** : [ Ac ]
MeMeMe bets (10)
Player6 calls (10)
Player3 raises (20) to 20
MeMeMe raises (20) to 30
Player6 folds.
Player3 calls (10)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $162 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 8h 8c Tc 4s Ac ]
Player1 balance $305, didn't bet (folded)
Player2 balance $200, lost $10 (folded)
Player3 balance $340, lost $55 [ 7c Qc ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ac,Qc,Tc,8c,7c ]
Player4 balance $232, lost $10 (folded)
MeMeMe balance $357, bet $55, collected $162, net +$107 [ 8d 8s ] [ four of a kind, eights -- Ac,8d,8s,8h,8c ]
Player6 balance $224, lost $35 (folded)
Player7 balance $90, didn't bet (folded)
Player8 balance $266, didn't bet (folded)
Player9 balance $151, didn't bet (folded)
Player10 balance $190, didn't bet (folded)

bernie
07-09-2003, 10:08 AM
i only breezed thorugh the hand history. i hate weeding through them. too much useless crap to wade through..

anyways....id bet out. you could also be betting a flush draw. bet in a spot where your hand is the least defined and the widest range. if you have a history of jamming your draws, you could possibly even get in a raising war on the flop.

b

Louie Landale
07-09-2003, 01:37 PM
The key here is that you are VERY likely to get called in a couple spots. The SB is sure to call with his overcards, and the 88T 2-flush flop is VERY likely to hit players with hands worth calling. Things would be different if the flop was 883 since you are a LOT less likely to get called.

No sense in slow-playing, especially if they'll call "one time" on the flop but not on the turn.

Bet the flop and then consider checking the turn.

- Louie

TBone
07-10-2003, 03:49 PM
2/4 PokerRoom. Somewhat tight/passive table.

I'm on the button, dealt pocket 6's. My first mistake on this hand is watching poker on TV while waiting for the first round of betting. I hit the auto "call $2" button. When I heard the flop coming, I realized all folded to me on the button, and that a raise here would have been the play. No need to comment on that, unless raising there is not the play. Nonetheless, SB completes, BB checks, 3 to the flop for $6.

Flop: 644r

Checked to me. Slowplay it or bet it? Thinking about the hand more, I've concluded a bet probably would have been in order. I would guess decent overcards are going to at least call, the other 6 is going to at least call, and a 4 is going to raise. Other than that, people will fold. I slowplayed and checked. 3 to the Turn for a whopping $6.

Turn: 4

I can't recall whether this put a flush draw on the board, or completed the rainbow. Betting here only gets called by the case 4 (raised) or the other 6. (possibly raised?) Gotta think overcards walk with such a small pot, rather than call. Checked around. 3 to the river for a grand total of $6.

River: Q (no flush on the board)

SB checks, BB bets. What's your play here? Call, raise? BB is pretty tight. I'm guessing he's got a 6, 4, most likely the Q, some other pocket pair < 10s, or maybe trying to steal one w/ A high. (so I "doubt" he's playing the A or K high to steal, but I've been wrong many times before /forums/images/icons/wink.gif) Only thing that beats me is the 4.

Thanks.

T

Homer
07-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Raise the river. Also, you should have bet either the flop or turn. I usually bet the flop here because all kinds of overcards will call.

-- Homer

TBone
07-10-2003, 05:16 PM
I raised the river, got re-raised, said "shoot!", called (mistake #2 I'm thinking--this guy's played pretty straight thus far to be 3 betting the river without the nuts) and saw J4o.

Oh well, them's the cards sometimes. Incidentally, this was the second time I'd gotten my boat cracked by quads in an hour. Great session! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

T