PDA

View Full Version : Cat food and dog food for a month- 10K

Voltron87
12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I have offered my friend 10K if he ate dog food and cat food for a month. This is still a very, very long way from happening but both parties have expressed interest in it. If it happened it probably wouldn't happen until the summer, first because he's an athlete and he doesn't want to exert himself with those nutrients (kind of [censored] to his teammates, definitely a fair point), and second because I and 2 other people would have to be living with him, which we might be in the summer. I have 2 other people interested in paying some money and we would split keeping tabs on him. we would take all the normal food out of his room, everywhere.

The deal is he could eat any type of alpo, science diet, anything standard. he would have to eat at least 5 tins of the wet fancy feast cat food (we've been talking about this for a while). 10K is a pretty large amount of money to me, although I might be splitting it with 2 other people. The kid who might do it is pretty desperate for money, 10gs is A LOT to him. He's not a big drinker/chugger/fat pig, so it is not like he has a maniac eater or has an unusually high aptitude for this.

I definitely can't guarantee it will happen, but I am willing to do this. I have offered it and he has a week from 2 days ago to accept, so I have an open offer out right now. the kid is definitely intrigued and considering it. He wants this money. We have also discussed a double or nothing where if he suceeds I get to try for a month and if i suceed i keep my money. Thoughts?

dblgutshot
12-02-2005, 10:50 PM
I'd do it.

ddubois
12-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Easiest 10k evah.

A_C_Slater
12-02-2005, 10:52 PM
I would have a hard time doing that and 10k would almost double my entire net worth. I have a hard time eating pizza from the same place two days in a row.

SackUp
12-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Have you looked into the health implications of this?

and 10k seems like a lot of damn money just to have someone eat cat and dog food for a month.

TheMainEvent
12-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Has anyone tried canned dog/cat food? I have no idea what it tastes like so I can't really evaluate this.

Voltron87
12-02-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you looked into the health implications of this?

and 10k seems like a lot of damn money just to have someone eat cat and dog food for a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah crap i forgot to ask about the health stuff in my post, i meant to.

Eurotrash
12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10K is a pretty large amount of money to me

[/ QUOTE ]

don't front, Voltron. 10k is a lot of money to you. you aren't that much of a baller /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cwsiggy
12-02-2005, 11:07 PM
And to think Howard Lederer got to make 10k eating just one cheesburger. Damn.

dblgutshot
12-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Is he allowed any fruit? Drink only water or normal drinks okay also? What about meal replacement drinks? or 'shakes'? (this is important to declare this before the bet). Sauces/salt/pepper etc allowed to mix with pet food?

Voltron87
12-02-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10K is a pretty large amount of money to me

[/ QUOTE ]

don't front, Voltron. 10k is a lot of money to you. you aren't that much of a baller /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i would have to take the SATs like 3 times to pay for it. its nothing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

in all seriousness, while i could definitely pay this and i wouldn't be in danger of being broke after it, it would be a big hit. its a lot of money to me.i dont think this person can do it. while i have an open offer i am bound to, it is pending approval that this won't kill him.

Voltron87
12-02-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is he allowed any fruit? Drink only water or normal drinks okay also? What about meal replacement drinks? or 'shakes'? (this is important to declare this before the bet). Sauces/salt/pepper etc allowed to mix with pet food?

[/ QUOTE ]

water. one 20 oz thing of gatorade a week. thats it.

we are still debating this, but right now no seasonings are allowed. maybe mayo though.

Los Feliz Slim
12-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm wondering about the "anything standard" designation. Because I think he could probably find something that wasn't all that bad, and just stick with it.

mj12
12-02-2005, 11:42 PM
i do not think he would be able to do this for a month so dont worry. If that guy had trouble having mcdonalds for a month which has some variety and fruits and vegetables theere is no way your friend will do just dog/cat food.

secondly he is not a carnivore and this would probably mess him up, he should definitely see a doctor first/during

your money is safe,
MJ

12-02-2005, 11:46 PM
if not for the health implications, this would be easy. cat food isn't any worse than spam.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-02-2005, 11:50 PM
If you're talking about the guy from Supersize Me, the issue was that the fat from the burgers and stuff he was eating were destroying his liver. I don't think the same problem is faced when eating cat food.

bholdr
12-02-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...additionally, may he cook or otherwise prepare his dog food? mix n' match brands, treats, etc?

http://www.gpsdirect.biz/ProductImages/Beggin%20Strips%20Turkey&Bacon%20-%20Dec%2003.jpg

BACON!

trevor
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Impossible

12-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Tell me where you live and I will fly out and do it for half price. Just give me a space to put my sleeping bag and an internet connection.

kurosh
12-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Don't old ladies do this?

Is it really worth 10k to you to put your friend through this kind of [censored]? That is sad.

Ringo_Mojo
12-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Dry Dog food isn't all that bad, a lot like eating a super bland dry wheat cracker (I ate some as a kid to find out why the dog liked it). I would easily go a whole month on it for 10k.

That canned fancy feast cat food though, i can barely stand the smell when opening a can for the cat I don't know if i could choke down 5 cans of it.

But then if you allowed seasoning/preparing i could probably drown the stuff in enough yellow mustard to mask the stench.

KaneKungFu123
12-03-2005, 12:54 AM
it works for my grandma!

Lazymeatball
12-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Eating cat food for a month would have severe health implications as cats diets are primarily proteins. Most dog foods usually have corn or rice as one of the first four ingredients though, and is slightly more compareable to a human diet.

However there are certain brands of canned hippy dogfood like "Wellness" brand which have actual recognizeable vegetables like carrots, green beans, peas, barley and such mixed in that might be able to provide enough nutrients for a human to live off of.

If your friend likes corned beef, I would imagine he could eat fried up canned dog food. And as for the fancy feast, I hope he likes seafood or pate.

He should probably do some research to make sure he isn't missing out on some obscure vitamin that his kidneys need to live.

This is definitely doable. So what enjoyment do you get out of watching him eat dog food everyday? The first few times will be kind of funny, but after that he will probably fail quickly or breeze through it.

captZEEbo1
12-03-2005, 01:09 AM
people talking about health implications, couldn't you get nutrient supplement pills or something?

lu_hawk
12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
You need to specify what kind of food is being eaten. If he had to eat dry dog food for a month then that would be worth 10k. But if he has a wide range of choices then I am sure he could find something that he actually likes to eat. Some of the canned stuff I feed my dog looks and smells pretty tasty, I've never eaten it but it would probably taste good. If you let him eat stuff that tastes good he is getting off way to easy.

Cry Me A River
12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
What about vitamin supplements? Your buddy could be looking at a nice case of scurvy or rickets or something. Is the point to mess him up physically through a bad diet, or having him endure the grossness of daily meals of pet food?

What about other pet food? Like bird seed or hampster pellets....

Ringo_Mojo
Yeah i think the supplements that they use for Atkins diets would meet all your needs.

I will do this and videotape every meal.

gamblore99
12-03-2005, 01:20 AM
I think betting serious cash with friends is a very bad idea, especially if it is an all or nothing bet. Someone always tries to get out with some sort of technicality and both parties are pissed.

That said, this sounds like a really funny story to tell later on, though I am not sure who comes off as more of a tool, you or your friend. (This sounds insulting but it really isn't supposed to be)Anyways if you do bet, good luck

beset7
12-03-2005, 02:01 AM
The problem with this is that if he wants the money bad enough it will be easy. If this is a straight money line bet it's a bad idea.

12-03-2005, 02:05 AM
One issue that might need to be addressed: is there a minimum he must eat per day? If not I could see this bet being pretty easy. Just limit food intake to a bare minimum to get by for the month. If you say he has to east, say 2 meals a day, this would be much more difficult.

PLOlover
12-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Just to let you know, dog and cat food is made from the extreme leftover meat products that are extremely high risk for mad cow disease prions.

So the health implications would be enormous, virtually guaranteeing that he would develop alzheimers in later life.

Having said that however, I think if you eat meat regularly you are exposed somewhat anyway. But not to the massive extent of dog food.

I think you need to make him aware of it and let him research it before he does it.

Vavavoom
12-06-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to let you know, dog and cat food is made from the extreme leftover meat products that are extremely high risk for mad cow disease prions.

So the health implications would be enormous, virtually guaranteeing that he would develop alzheimers in later life.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy who sits behind me at work told me this when I was offered £1500 to eat a tin of Catfood....Just after I had done a bottle of Tobasco for £1000....

I wouldn't do the catfood or Dog food for that matter due to the fact that its leftover meat and not the good stuff either....

djoyce003
12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
I could eat the nutro dog and cat food we feed our cats in the little flavor pouches pretty easy for 10k. I tasted the yankee pot roast that we feed our dog and it tasted better than dinty moore beef stew...if your buddy finds that one he'll do the month no problem.

Go Blue
12-06-2005, 10:21 AM
$10k is not nearly enough money for this IMO. Of course, that's just me. This reminds me of "Supersize Me" in which Morgan Spurlock put himself on an all McDonalds diet for 30 days. At this point, I'm quite confident that if someone offered me $10k to eat only McDonalds food for a month (a little bit of everything, not JUST the healthier stuff they have there), I would not take this offer.

DMBFan23
12-06-2005, 10:35 AM
although the protein/carb imbalance would probably [censored] with him, a multivitamin MAY (I'm not a [censored] doctor here /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) alleviate some of the nutrient imbalance. aren't a lot of wet cat/dog foods advertised as nutrient fortified or whatever?

pokerdirty
12-06-2005, 11:51 AM
dude, he's so going to cheat. I would make him eat AT LEAST one can of the wet [censored] per day, and at least one bowl of the dry stuff per day.

If I was betting someone they could do this, they could ONLY eat cat/dog food for the entire month, and NOTHING else. I would suspect there would be a lot of cheating going on since you will not be with him 24/7.

personally, I would not do this for less than 100k

DrSavage
12-06-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it works for my grandma!

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF, when americans say "dog food" they mean food you may give to a dog, not food made out of dogs. Just clearing up obvious confusion here.

lighterjobs
12-06-2005, 12:09 PM
this sounds like a pretty cool bet, but what the hell do you get out of it if he doesn't complete the bet? nothing?

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 12:35 PM
make him eat out of a bowl on the floor

MMMMMM
12-06-2005, 12:59 PM
For $1000 I will provide a list of special seasonings which will make the cat or dog food actually taste good when used in the right amounts and combinations. Sort of like the "secret special sauce" used by some pizza chains, but tweaked to bring out the best true flavors of cat or dog food (beef-based cat or dog foods only, no fish or chicken-based).

I have Italian, Mexican, and Pot-Roast special-seasoning formulas available, so you or your friend could enjoy a variety of fine-tasting dishes. Just sprinkle and mix well with the cat or dog food, microwave for 3 minutes, and voila!: food nearly fit to be served in America's finest restaurants.

Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't release these formulas even for $1000, as I might be able to win a lot more than that with them in prop bets, and the development process was long and tedious, involving much trial and error.